“Bon! Decent French Cuisine in a tiny but very Cozy Restaurant”
Review of Manon

Manon
Reserve with OpenTable
Manon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Located on north Union St in Lambertville its façade is a reserved blue color with no sign jutting out perpendicular to the building and we walked past it twice without realizing it was there. However, our efforts were rewarded when we walked into their only dining room (dimly lit and with a Van Gogh Starry Night painted ceiling) and we comfortably seated near the kitchen. Warning, if there are only two of you their best two-person tables are either by the front window looking out onto the sidewalk or by the kitchen. The rest are intermingled with other tables and appeared tight to us. Chris, our server (and the only server that Sunday evening) was very cordial and accommodating. He had approximately four other tables and handled all of them well.

We both had lobster bisque and were surprised when it arrived as it did not fit the typical creamy and thick style we were used to. Even the first taste seemed off but as we dove into it its thin consistency and delicate taste was satisfying. Incidentally, their fresh bread complemented the soup very well.
I ordered the duck and it was plentiful as well as very tasty with it delicately prepared orange sauce. It was accompanied with delicately sliced scallop potatoes that were nicely stacked don the dish and the pea shoots were very tasty.

My wife took the steak au poise and it was delightful and rich tasting.

Coffee and sorbet followed and we ended the evening with the rest of our wine (it is BYOB).

We met briefly with Jean Michel Dumas, owner and sole chef, and got a quick overview of the part of France that he came form.

I am very critical of French restaurants in the US but must say Manon is one I would return to.

Hint, reserve early and if you're a couple ask fro the window table.

Also bring cash; they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service! My valentine and I celebrated our relationship with antique shopping and dinner at Manon. It was a fabulous day!

2  Thank JoeCherryHill_NJ
Reviewed January 31, 2013

A small group of colleagues (4) visits various local restaurants with a critical eye. We visited Manon recently. The restaurant is poorly marked (part of the Lambertville character), and I almost walked past it. However, we were very impressed with the food and service. It is BYOB, so plan ahead. The food is classic French, though less heavy than most of my meals I have had in France. Wednesday and Thursday nights have fixed price offerings for $25 - a great deal. Tables are well separated, and this is a quiet, cozy place for a lengthy meal with friends. Remember to bring quarters for the parking meters.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's hard to say. Manon has a doorway that opens to Provence. The small, crowded dining room is dimly lit and appointed in eclectic fashion. The back booth is covered in French postcards and labels of French products. The wall is covered with cicadas of different shapes, sizes, and materials. The food is very good and authentic. Not great, but very good. The mussels appetizer is overflowing with shellfish, and they are large, plump, and meaty. Sunchoke and Kale soup was a little bland, and the Bouilabase was satisfactory. My wife's salad was tasty and the Scallops Provencal was excellent. A bottle of Unionville Vineyards Pheasant Hill Chardonnay elevated the experience to Burgundy and beyond. The service was friendly, but I felt their appearance could use a refurbishment. Worth a visit in a town that has much to offer.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I just absolutely love this restaurant! A touch of France in quaint Lambertville...cozy restaurant with consistently excellent food and service..an overall lovely place for dinner..my husband surprised me with a small birthday dinner party and the Christmas tree and decor added to the festive ambience...our one guest said the scallop special was the best scallops he has probably ever had..the bouillabaisse is delicious and special thanks to Chris who was just perfect in attitude, service and organizing a custom birthday cake...FYI byob cash or check only

1  Thank devildoggiemama2