“Complicated shi-shi menu topped with unfriendly bar tender”
Review of Left Bank Bistro - CLOSED

Left Bank Bistro
Cuisines: American
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Complicated shi-shi menu topped with unfriendly bar tender”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We love visiting Lambertville in NJ. There are many great spots to eat or have a drink. This time we tried the Left Bank Bistro. The ambiance is a bit disappointing, too dark and stuffy. The staff seems very unhappy, especially the bar tender...kind of giving you the feeling that he hates his life.
The menu is so overrated and complicated that it is an adventure trying to understand it. And all we wanted to have is a drink and an afternoon appetizer to share. The "appetizers" were tasty, but the negative air was too much. Thankfully, we had a very pleasant waitress, who made us stay and actually enjoy ourselves.

• Visited March 2014

“Beautiful presentation, inexpensive food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled in by accident, we had looked at other places but were disturbed by the prices. The pork sandwich was delicious, probably the best I've ever had, and the beef bourginon was just as tasty, the way it was presented was interesting , won't give any spoilers. So glad we got the experience, can't wait to go back again, and the price is perfect!!!

Stockton, New Jersey
“Unfriendly waitress”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I are locals and love to come in to town and enjoy the many restaurants and bars. One of our favorites is the Left Bank Bistro. We can sit outside on their front porch and enjoy the local sights. We just love Lambertville. We enjoy the food. We love the ambience of the bistro. Everyone is great. Friendly, attentive and they seem to love their job. Our last experience had us so surprised. In all our times there, we've never had the pleasure of this particular waitress. She seemed miserable. And her behavior is obvious to the other diners. I'm not sure why she works there. She rolls her eyes constantly as if she is annoyed that people are coming to this restaurant to eat. If she is not a people person, she should not be working in the service industry. I believe she gives the restaurant a bad feeling. When we got out to eat, we want an enjoyable and pleasant experience, not a tense one. I think this great place could do with one less waitress. I'm sure she's a very nice person but someone who does NOT enjoy her job.

• Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great stop for a late lunch”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived at the Left Bank Bistro late in the afternoon on a very hot day. The bistro was quiet, cool, and inviting, the service was very attentive, and the portions were ample. My family of vegetarians had no trouble finding suitable entrees, sandwiches, and salads on the menu. I ordered the seitan cheesesteak, which was delicious, and the others in my party found equally good vegetarian dishes to try. For a casual and tasty lunch in a relaxing atmosphere, the Left Bank Bistro is an excellent choice!

• Visited July 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Simple and delicious”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First time visiting, stopped for breakfast. Small, quaint place. The left bank omelet was an interestingly delicious combination with apples and blue cheese.

• Visited August 2013