“Reserve a patio table”

D'Floret Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
D'Floret Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

A small ("cozy") husband-wife restaurant by folks who love food, hosting and the dining experience. Not bad, especially when the proprietor-chef is Dennis Foy. Everything is ultra-fresh; the local farms and purveyors are listed in the menu. Portions are smallish but the food is wonderful. Our party concentrated on the fish dishes, and they were all excellent. The tuna and halibut were perfect. Even better, if possible, were the desserts. The strawberry shortcake was sublime (can a strawberry be sublime?) and the lightest I've ever had. Inside is small and without a lot of charm, although every table can see the kitchen. The outdoor patio seemed to fit the mood of relaxed dining. much better. As noted by other reviewers, the service can be spotty, especially when it comes to replacing silverware and mundane things. The waiter's recommendations were spot-on however.
It's toward the pricy end; our tab was about $65/ea tax and tip (it's BYOB) but the evening was memorable. Hint: Parking is on the street and metered until 9PM; bring quarters.

2  Thank Hammbrook

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I were in town and stopped in for a meal here. The food was excellent and I have to compliment the chef on his cooking.

2  Thank Doughbo
Reviewed July 20, 2014

So many amazing choices and not enough time to try them all. The menu is so different, not your usual combinations. I started with the salmon Tartar, so yummy. We both had the same main course, halibut with fennel and a creamed parsnip, that was amazing. Great cozy restaurant with a great staff. This restaurant should not be missed.

1  Thank donjol
Reviewed July 10, 2014

we wanted to take our daughter to an amazing place for dinner. my wife saw a place in Lambertville, NJ. call D'Floret. Well, I tell u, The MOST amazing restaurant that I have been to in a long time. The appetizers blew me away. We had cold cucumber soup, so tasty and creamy, all three spoons were dipping at one time. We also had the sauteed gnoccohi. So litely sauteed, they could fly into our mouths. So I don't believe anyone knows what skate wings are here in Philly ,but as a fish monger Pittsburgh & Florida, I do. They are the wings of the sting ray fish that we throw back in to ocean when we are fishing, If you only knew. Lightly floured & sauteed, it was an extra treat for all. Our daughter had Hake, which is a delicate white fish which was impeccably prepared, melted in our mouths. I, asked Dennis, owner-chef, to prepare me what he was in the mood for. Roger, our server, came with a plate of @ pieces of rare #1 Tuna. I was in FISH heaven. #1 tuna is the best tuna that FIRST CLASS eatery should sell. High in fat content. My hat off to Dennis,Estelle-Dennis' wife and well inform regarding all the menu items & gracious host, & Roger, our server, Thank you for a wonderful birthday for our daughter, Tiffany. We will definitely return to D"Floret. Eric-warminster,pa

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Delicious food, nice decor: more about that in a minute. The complaints I do have probably would have been overlooked had I not read Yelp reviews about one previous Dennis Foy place called The Lawrenceville Inn.

Again, they would have been overlooked. What were they? First, the dinnerware wasn't perfectly clean -- Some residue that was on my wine glass (would not come off so I let it go and drank from other side: I am sure they would have brought a new one if I asked) and a black splotch on my wife's dinner knife (the side that was turned UP when we were seated! One wouldn't notice that when setting the table?!?!). The other thing -- and I only noticed because of the other place's reviews, was that service was a little slow towards the end. In watching Top Chef, I think it was because the manager (Mrs [--]) was running not only front of house but being on top of servers too much. In Top Chef's Restaurant Wars, this often happens and the judge lays criticize it because it ends up confusing the servers on what they can nod cannot do so service lags.

With all that said, I would definitely go back. We had reservations, and with only 2 dinner seating times I would recommend making them. The food was delicious and things ran smooth for most of our visit. Since his gnocchi app is his signature item and made daily, I had to try it. Delicious! My wife had the root vegetable soup of the day -- also delicious! Our dishes included Red Snapper (with tomato confit, haricot verts, and olive) and Veal Bolognese. While I thought an edge or two of my fish was a tad too crisp (just a thin cut at the edge caused it to cook too quick for just a sliver), the depth of flavor was fantastic. I finished my wife's Veal Bolognese as well, which leaves the mouth feeling happy! Leaving a restaurant happy is a wonderful thing.

The decor was nice. Inside looks a little small, but the ideal place is outside anyway! A nice patio space out back with about 8-9 additional tables (several 4 tops and a couple 2 tops) was wonderful to feel on a great spring night. I was actually surprised the 2 2-tops out front remained unoccupied when we were leaving judging by the group of people waiting when we went to use the bathroom (although they were seated fairly quickly). The restaurant is also off the main strip, and this was very nice because it gave a more "private dining" feel.

Keep in mind it is BYOB. There is a great place to grab wine nearby, World of Wines, within a 5-7 minute walk. I admit I was a little "put off" by the place at first, but the wine room was impressive and very shopper-friendly.

Yes, I would go back to d'Floret and look forward to a delicious dining experience! I recommend visiting when in town!

2  Thank dreamWayne