“Needs quality improvments to be an upsale restaurant.”

D'Floret Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
D'Floret Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visited this highly recommend Bistro with another couple on Sunday night. We were sadly disappointed and only slightly pleasantly surprised. All four of us had different soups which were extremely good. It went downhill from there. One of us ordered the special of the day, Venison. It was tasty, not gamey, but was extremely tough, parts were inedible. Another one of us ordered the Sirloin Steak on the Prix fixe menu, medium rare. When it came to the table it turned out to be medium to well. They graciously took it back and cooked another steak, which came rare. It literally took a minute to cut through the steak with a steak knife. Gristle ran through the entire steak. In addition, the only side it was served with was tasteless French fries. One would think that at $33.00 you would receive a better quality steak with at least one vegetable side. On a good note, the Roast Chicken for Two was delicious.
The deserts are extremely expensive for what you receive. A small single Profiterole au chocolat graced a 12 inch plate is what appeared as the desert. The establishment has potential, but they really need to buy their meats from a better provider.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had dinner at d'floret on New Years Eve- it was early (7PM) and the restaurant is very sweet to look at- great ceiling lighting and table arrangements.

We lived in NYC for over 30 years and enjoy good food , and we have found it in Lambertville, but not at this restaurant. The salad I ordered was good- nothing special and the goat cheese tart was mediocre. The scallops were good but the red snapper, served atop a tomato concoction was tasteless and and they must have forgotten to "sear" it as stated on the menu. Not a vegetable or potato in sight although I thought the menu read otherwise.

The menu is set up with all appetizers/salads at $10 or $15 and entrees at $25. When we got the bill, the scallops were $32 and when we questioned the waiter, he said they were priced at market value- never saw that on the menu. If the food had been better, we would not have been bothered by the extra dollars, but we were very disappointed with this restauarant and won't go back.

1  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We found this in a newspaper article from the Star Ledger and decided to stop by. The menu is limited but we all really enjoyed our meals. The restaurant is very small so it's not a good spot for young children but great for adults. My husband had a delicious fettuccine with lobster. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce was outstanding with a slight hint of Tahitian vanilla. The crab spring roll appetizer was very tasty with lots of crab meat. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the slow cooked Cajun chicken was very moist and tasty. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I went there Saturday night with another couple who had been told that dining at this restaurant was truly an extraordinary culinary experience. My first course was very promising -- a soup made with Lobster and cream that would have been quite excellent if only it had been a bit hotter. My husband's appetizer -- gnocchi with mushrooms was good, but not exceptional. I requested the red snapper with ratatouille as entree, but was told they were substituting cod that night. (We were not told about the substitution earlier, and the menu is quite limited!) I generally order fish when I dine out, so, I figured I would try it. Unfortunately, the fish was tasteless, undercooked, and barely warm. At least the ratatouille was pretty good, so I had something to eat. (The rolls served that night were little squishy, tasteless pieces of dough.) My husband said that his veal bolognese was just OK, and would never order it again even at half the price. Our friends said their salmon was good, but not worth returning for. By the time the waiter came over to our table and saw that most of my cod was still sitting on my plate, everyone else had finished their entree. (He never came over to check on us after the entrees were served, and I hadn't been able to get his attention, in the tiny, noisy, overcrowded, characterless room they call a "restaurant".) He offered to bring me something else, but, by then, it was too late. And, there certainly won't be a "next time. . . ."

1  Thank gamin
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have long been a fan of Dennis Foy's restaurants and have eaten at most of them. The food is always fresh, expertly prepared and the service is great. With my Navy buddies we tried it for lunch last week and it was great. Small & intimate with an open kitchen I enjoyed a terrific wild mushroom soup and the d'Floret Burger. This is a perfectly cooked burger with an over easy egg on top served on a Kaiser. Delicious. If the restaurant were closer than 50 miles away I would be a regular.

1  Thank mscudiery