“Too much junk and Nazi products” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nugget Antique Market

Golden Nugget Antique Market
New Hope, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Too much junk and Nazi products”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I live in the area, and used to go here frequently. Now the Nazi stuff that was sold under the table is in full view, w swastika flags waving in the breeze. The rest is either overpriced or junk.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Carl335

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I think that you need to know your stuff here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Unlike a regular shop with an honest dealer you have the potential to score a great bargain or end up buying something for much more than what they are worth. I arrived late on a Saturday before closing so many dealers have left or may be at Rice's that day. Since I collect coins I was surprised to find a dealer still there that sold old coins. I noticed that they were selling coins that I knew the value of for much more than they are worth or I bought them for elsewhere. He was selling wheat pennies worth less than a quarter for a dollar that were very common and you could find in change. He was selling a 1930 quarter I bought for $7 for $15. I bought some foreign coins and don't know anything about these 7 for $5 that I had appraised buy someone very knowledgeable about them and they are worth at most $1.50 to $2. I should have known better when he said "these are not for the collector, just for someone that once something". Apparently he was overcharging people that were knowledgeable. Just be wary that their are people like that there. You shouldn't have to be that knowledgeable about something not to get ripped off. When I handed him my coins he told me he wanted to look at them. He knew exactly what they were and what they were worth. I am not saying that you can't good deals if you know what to look for but just but wary of those seeking to scam tourists out of their cash.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tim W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
178 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 646 helpful votes
“Bargains Sometimes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Like many flea markets, you can score a great buy or trudge through overpriced junk. I've done both at Golden Nugget. There is a very large outdoor space with tables in sparkling sunshine on mild days. When it is hotter, there are stalls under protected roofing and there are always permanent indoor shops and stalls in the main building. The goods are eclective from genuine antiques to old photos, books, ephemera, furniture, coins, old brass, art, china and more. It is worth a few visits and you can top of your day with a bike ride or hike along the Jersey side of the Delaware Canal. While you are at it, pop over to Lambertville for lunch or shopping.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank TommyBoy94
Haddonfield, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a trip to the past”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Golden Nugget Flea Market on Route 29 just south of Lambertville, NJ is a great escape. You can pick up wonderful antiques and collectables at very reasonable prices. The best day to visit is Sunday, and get there early because the best things go fast. There are a lot of dealers both outside, under the covered shed and there are also shops inside. Be sure to visit the art deco lighting store, run by the guys who own the famous deco shop in New Hope, Cockamamies. Happy hunting!

Visited March 2012