“Wonderful Experinece”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We spent the night in New Hope and discovered Brian's in Lambertville. Everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is small and has a warm hometown feeling. They offer a 3 course prix fixe menu with several choices and all the courses were amazing. We loved the sweetbreads and ravioli that were perfectly cooked. As main courses the ahi tuna and halibut were great, as were the well prepared and interesting vegetables that came with them. The Bananas Forster desert was a show stopper. It was certainly a memorable experience and we hope to return.

1  Thank nbjb

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went to Brians for the first time this past week. It truly was fantastic. We've lived in Bucks County for 6 years, having moved down from Manhattan. When asked what I miss most about the city, I always say, the restaurants. We've been in a desert. This is hands down the best restaurant we've been to since moving. That includes, Doylestown, New Hope, Yardley, Newtown, Philadelphia.....you get the picture.

It's a charming space, very French country. The service is attentive and friendly without being overbearing. You can tell the staff has great pride in what they're presenting. The prix fixe is affordable and delicious. The selections are perfect and everything is FRESH!! The fish is brought in daily, the meat is delectable and sustainable. Succulent and delicious. The vegetables glow bright, crisp and perfect. There's a creativity to the entire experience I've rarely savored else where, except perhaps in France and Italy. I truly can not say enough about what an incredible experience we had. The chef is extremely talented and to a degree adventurous. The right touch is evident in every course. I truly wish more establishments would take a course with Brian. They'd be much the better for it. You taste each ingredient in every bite. Nothing overbearing, nothing smothered with too much of anything. A perfect harmony of flavors, textures and aromas blended with a masterly skill.

The only thing left to say is GO!! GO NOW!! Don't miss it. I only worry it will become so popular we won't be able to get a table again. I can't wait to go back this week. Enjoy, devour and relish the experience.

3  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came to Brian's in eary June. We were in the area for 4 nights with lunch and dinner out at various other establishments and this was by far the best. Compared to the other restaurants in Lambertville and New Hope it was certainly a shing star. If we lived closer we would be back at least once a week.
It's BYOB and intimate, make sure you bring wine if you choose to and most definitely make reservations.
Brian's is one that I will make effort to come back to. The staff is knowledgable, friendly and talented. It was a pleasure!

1  Thank coreco
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I have eaten here several times over the last 3 years and I have never been disappointed. The only very small detraction is the inflexibility of having a fixed menu- I can't always eat that much food. Whatever- it's always delicious!
Their decor is evolving in a good way and I encourage them to keep going :)

1  Thank Sdbmhs
Reviewed August 22, 2014

On a recent trip to Lambertville, I decided to take a chance at Brian’s. I had read many great reviews and really wanted to give it a try, though I doubted I would get in. I stuck my head in at around 6:30 and asked whether there was any chance of getting a seat later, after 8:00. A very pleasant waitress looked around the room (small and full) and said, yes, I think I could get you in. She reminded me that it was both cash only and a BYO, both of which I knew. I returned at 8:00 and had a short wait before being seated. Dinner is prix fixe and 3 courses. I ordered the veal filled ravioli in a mustard cream sauce to start, a salmon entrée and the chocolate pots du crème dessert. The appetizer arrived fairly quickly and it was to die for! It was one large raviolone with a rich savory filling in a delicate mustard cream sauce. The salmon (a sop to my conscience) was broiled perfectly with some nice summer vegetables. The chocolate pots du crème, however, was the pièce de résistance - like your mother’s My-T-Fine chocolate pudding on steroids! All this for the amazing cost of $40.00! This was truly an unforgettable meal. I can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank bropaul