“This place is a gem!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Great upscale restaurant with reasonable prices. Food is excellent with an interesting selection. Dining room is small, so be sure to make reservations.

1  Thank 2NJtravelers
There are newer reviews for Brian's

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have been eating out in Lambertville for years and this might be the best restaurant meal I have had there. A fixed priced menu full of so many great sounding appetizers, main courses, and desserts it's very hard to chose. Expect to want to taste everyone else's meals and have them try yours as well. Mushroom soup, sweet potato ravioli, beef "a'la mode", crab cakes, salmon...everythig was delicious. And every dessert was amazing as well.

1  Thank slscottxny
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I loved this restaurant so much I going back every week. First I ordered a purée of mushroom which was delectable. Then I ordered the filet which was spectacular I don't think I have ever tasted something so good in my life. Then I had a lemon cheesecake which I loved. The only thing wrong was the staff they didn't really make me feel warm. Other then that I loved it and I'm taking my friends and family back!!!

2  Thank Robertthefoodguy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

On the way home from the Trenton train station, after spending a working day in NYC, we decided to check out this restaurant. I had heard great things about this BYOB and we got lucky---because we had no reservation--- but we got in. I had the mushroom pureee soup with truffle oil and a superb crab cake! At lunch earlier in the day I also had a (lousy) crab cake in Manhatten. Brian's version really has LUMP crab meat in it- the binding was a speacil shrimp aspic. My partner had the monkfish and it was superb. Brian's offers a prix fixe menu that changes everyday. Best deal on the east coast! The restaurant is smallish, but he ingeniously opened the back wall toexpose the kitchen. The decor is a warm red and yellow. The staff was was wonderful. But you will come back for the food!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I were greatly looking forward to having dinner at Brian's after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and the New York Times. Unfortunately, however, our visit didn't live up to it's promise. We both ordered beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The beef was good but not as delicious as we were expecting it to be after all the hype, and the mashed potatoes lacked body and taste. The bread wasn't anything special, either, although we were told it wasn't house made. We both enjoyed, the mushroom soup, however - it was the best thing on the menu! The desserts were non-descript and not as delicious as we would have hoped. We also found the ambience at Brian's to be disappointing - the open kitchen, while interesting, created a lot of noise. If you were seated against the wall as we were, the bench with pillows could be uncomfortable for those with back problems. I doubt if we'll be returning soon.

1  Thank Naturelover212