“Was a horrible experience”
Review of Buddies Diner - CLOSED

Buddies Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I believe it was in June of 2012 that we went. We had an absolutely horrible dinner. The service was extremely nice, not quite experienced, but very nice. The food was inedible. It's really sad because we were excited to have it finally reopen. I ordered a salad that was supposed to have balsamic vinegar - but when I took my first bite I started gagging. It was drenched in soy sauce. We also had a really bad appetizer. My husband's dinner was not quite what we expected either. They ended up comping our entire dinner. We haven't been back since because we are worried it will be just as bad.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stopped here for diner one night and had the Asian Chicken and it was very good. I had the bread pudding for desert also a hit. I was so impressed with this above average diner, that I went back for breakfast a few days later. I had the poached eggs with salmon and avocado on texas toast. The place is clean, the staff was very nice and the food was also very good and reasonably priced. So if your in the area and don't feel like going to the fru fru places in town or across the river in NH. This is a great choice. I'll be back.

3  Thank Jimbo4uClinton_NJ
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We pass this cute spot on our way to the Phily airport all the time, but never had time to stop. A Couple of weeks ago my Husband and I spent the day in New Hope and decided to save our appetites to have dinner here, since we've always wanted to try it. I'm glad we did! We had the Phily cheesesteak eggrolls to start. They were a little spicy, but delish. My husband had the shrimp po boy and he loved it. It came with crispy fresh fries. I ordered the bbq chicken wrap with greens (a fresh pretty salad) as my side. It was awesome! We were too full for dessert. We came back again last weekend, and this time we tried the Asian dumplings... They were so good its going to be hard for me to try anything else there. The sauce they came with was SO good! The atmosphere is fun, the help is very friendly, and the food is fresh and awesome. We will be coming back a lot. We live 40 minutes away, but it's worth a weekend trip just to come here.

2  Thank Singx19
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We'd been wanting to go to buddies for quite some time, finally went last night. We were intrigued by it being Mexican night. The place is very clean and kind of neat ... a fun, casual atmosphere.

We were seated immediately as we were the only ones there. Our waitress was very pleasant.
Right off the bat we wanted the cheese steak egg rolls. The photo on their menu and website had our mouths watering. They arrived shortly thereafter while we perused the varied menus. They didnt look quite like the menu - they looked a bit dark, perhaps a tad overcooked. They were "ok" ... not bad, really.

We decided on a few appetizers as our meals. We ordered the lobster wontons and the asian dumplings along with a caesar salad and the sweet and spicy calamari. Not long after we ordered, all of the food arrived together.

The salad was pleantiful. A bit heavily dressed but pretty good.

The calamari really wasnt very good at all. It was rubbery and way too sweet. We didnt eat much of it.

Both the wontons and dumplings again, looked overcooked and dark. I guess I was expecting them both to be steamed so I was dissappinted right away. The lobster wontons tasted ok, I liked the sauce it came with. The dumplings werent very flavorful, nor did the sauce it came with help much.

Not sure why but we ordered coffee and dessert. We got the Murphy's and Bailey's cheesecake and an Irish mudslide caffe mocha. The cheesecake was so-so, we didnt finish it - the coffee was pretty good ... very flavorful. We also got some sort of chocolate cake as the one we originally ordered was not available. Again, nothing to write home about.

The bathrooms were very clean (just cleaned as they were closing for the night), the staff very nice ... we only had issues with the food.

We were very disappointed and are hoping perhaps we just ordered the wrong items. We may go back and try our luck for breakfast.

2  Thank K and R
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were hoping it would be more of a place we could frequent, but for the food - which is okay, not great, but okay - it's really expensive.

1  Thank Kat S