El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Amazing lunch... Would come back in a blink of eye! Kudos to the staff and the chef... Everything was outstanding

Lambertville, New Jersey
“Always a great meal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had brunch today at El Tule; it was my first time ordering off the breakfast/lunch menu. I have enjoyed dinner there several times. I am consistently amazed at the high quality of the food and the presentation at El Tule; the Peruvian component of the menu gives this little local gem an very superior edge of any of the Mexican or South American restaurants I've been to in northern NJ or upper Bucks County. I almost hate to write about it, as I do not want to spoil it's charm as a small, quaint, and consistently awesome place to have a great meal--be it breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Would definitely eat here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to El Tule for dinner with a group of 9. The indoor space is very tiny, but they set us up so that we had a comfortable amount of room at the table. None of us had ever eaten Peruvian food before so we took the advice of our very friendly and helpful waitress Sylvia. We had two appetizer samplers that gave us a chance to try Ceviche (delicious) and other cold and hot appetizers. They were wonderful and well prepared and there were plenty for all of us to have a bit of everything. I'm not a real seafood fan but ordered a native fish dish. It was so good, not at all fishy and served over a fried cake of black beans and rice with a delicious sauce. Others ordered chicken and beef dishes and we all agreed that the food was outstanding. Dessert of Tres Leche cake, Flan and a fried dough with mango ice cream were all decadent. We will definitely go back. The only issue is that the space is small and the floor is tile so the noise level is very high. People at one end of our table couldn't hear the conversation at the other end. The restaurant has a nice outdoor space with portable heaters so once winter is over we'll try eating outdoors to keep the noise down a bit.

1 Thank pakurbags
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“#1 Ranking Clearly Deserved in a Great Restaurant Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We're locals (just across the river) and I pass by this place frequently. There's a 5 star Mexican restaurant (Tortuga's - go there, too !) in town so I wasn't in a rush to come here. Tortuga's satisfies all my Mexican food dreams and I didn't know much about Peruvian cuisine. Looking for something different on a rainy February night, I got a reservation here after checking TripAdvisor and looking at the menu. In short, it was a great meal in every way. Small, cozy place with a comfortable vibe, family run by nice folks who are clearly happy and proud. On a jam-packed Saturday night, we were seated exactly on time for our reservation. We ate from the Peruvian side of the menu. Apps/salads had a very wide variety. Too cold out for ceviche, so I had a quinoa/avocado salad (there are several variations on the menu - mine had mint, potatoes, avocado, greens and a spicy dressing). Creative presentation (quinoa molded as a pyramid, greens, etc) on the side, generous portion, and exquisite taste. My wife had an equally delicious stuffed avocado. For an entree, I had a piece of snapper over a bean puree (tacccu taccu) topped with crabmeat in a slightly spicy sauce. Again, a great piece of fresh fish with a generous portion, subtle flavor, and great presentation. My wife had a somewhat spicier snapper dish with a tomato/olive sauce resembling a pizzaiola. Again, delicious. It's BYO (stores nearby if you need). Prices are more than reasonable - a great meal for about half the cost of the same Philly or NYC. My wife and I are both fitness oriented and this isa great place to enjoy a meal that's delicious, interesting, and healthy at the same time ordering straight off the menu. This place will go in our regular rotation.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Small but superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cozy atmosphere in winter, I imagine it is wonderful to eat on the porch in summer. We chose El Tule after reading about it in Suburban Life. They are one of the 25 restaurants winning the 2013 Golden Fork award. I would say well deserved. We shared the Palta a La Reina ($13.50):
half of an avocado stuffed with your choice of shrimp, chicken or vegetables, served with red onions, tomatoes and marinated with fresh cilantro-lime dressing. Then I had the Trilogy Ceviche and Judith had the evening special, a skirt steak with plantains and potatoes. We stayed with the Peruvian dishes but one can have Mexican or a mix. Service was excellent at this family restaurant. Better call for a reservation. Highly recommended.