“Glad I went back”

El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I live in Lambertville and visited this restaurant some time ago (probably at least 1.5 years ago); found it to be nice but not particularly remarkable, not a restaurant we planned to go back to soon with so many other fine restaurants in the area. Last week, she bought a groupon for breakfast/brunch at El Tule and we ventrued back today. SO GLAD we did because I think I found my new most favorite restaurant in town. Everything was top notch. First of all, the dining room is small but very nicely decorated and very clean. Staff is exceedingly polite, cheerful, helpful, and accomodating. The choice of dishes is extensive. My wife had one of the specials which was a quinoa/seafood dish. It was excellent. I am a lover of cerviche and El Tule had 4 different Cerviche dishes on the menu. I picked the Cerviche Limeno and it was nothing short of perfect. Guacamole dip with chips before the meal was great. Desert of Peruvian ice cream with some kind of baked pastry sprinkled with cinnimon sugar was perfect as was the rich, flavorful Peruvian coffee. on a scale of 1 -10 this place is a 12. I can't wait to go back. Great job El Tule!! Keep up the good work.

There are newer reviews for El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located in a town with a fiercely competitive restaurant scene, El Tule distinguishes itself with a unique menu that features both Peruvian & Mexican specialties. No detail is overlooked in the foods preparation, presentation, or service (which I will admit was a bit slow when they first opened, but I assure you it has gotten much, much better!).

Please do yourself a favor and order off the Peruvian menu!!!! The Ceviche is incredible and the Triology Ceviche sampler is a great way to try 3 out of the four kinds that they offer. The Ceviche Chifa is my favorite!!!

The soups and salads are incredible and super affordable for lunch. The Tabouli Quinoa salad is super light with a bright burst of citrus flavor, accompanied by sliced avocado, boiled potatoes, and a creamy cilantro dressing. The Chicken and Rice soup with cilantro pesto is a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal that will keep you feeling satisfied all day!

For dinner, I recommend the Red Snapper & Crab Meat Tacu Tacu which is enormous and delicious. There is a perfect balance between the light cream sauce and the spicy rocoto pepper that flavors the dish.

If you aren't ready to explore the flavors offered by the Peruvian menu, you can play it safe by ordering one of the more familiar entrees on the Mexican menu. My favorite menu item from the Mexican menu would have to be the Quesadilla El Tule, which is a massive grilled flour tortilla filled with shredded beef (or chicken), roasted bell peppers, mushrooms, sauteed onions, and cheese served with sour cream and guacamole! I recommend the shredded beef, which is outrageously tender and abundant!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant when we got a Groupon offer. The food choices were a wide variety of authentic meals from Peru and Mexico. When our lunch arrived it was obvious that the food was fresh and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed it! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We'll definitely visit again and highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great Peruvian dishes. Best ceviche I've ever had. The shrimp soup is to die for. Service is very good. This is a BYOB, which I like very much.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on Friday. I had fish tacos and she had chicken fajita (a lunch special) along with basket of chips appetizer. Food was great as was service. We will be back with friends!!!!