“Fantastic quality and very reasonable”

El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Four of us went for dinner. They offer both a Mexican and Peruvian menu. We opted to trying and make it family style, sharing a ceviche starter, a Peruvian sampler and two main courses (a flank steak and snapper dish). The food was incredibly fresh and well presented.

There are newer reviews for El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a keeper....delicious, fresh food in a fun and friendly environment. Definitely go for the Peruvian part of the menu (there is also a significant menu of Mexican fare). The Ceviche de Camarones was a wonderful appy as was the Peruvian sampler. More than adequate for four diners. Then we shared two entrees (the special that night Tacu Tacu skirt steak and a red snapper). Perfect amount of food. The staff is friendly. It is a casual and lively spot....it's BYOB which I think is a real plus. El Tule now has a spot on our list of "go to" places in Lambertville :-)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were looking for a new place for a great breakfast. Saw a Groupon and after checking out the menu, thought this would be a good place to try.
Apparently they had only been doing breakfast for only three weeks. Both my wife and I felt that this was one of the best meals we have had in a long time.

My wife had the Taboule Quinoa. Presentation was great, each item was delicious, fresh and flavorful. I had the Desayuno Norteño. The pork was very tender and flavorful. It came with sarsa criolla which is an red onion, vinegar, habenaro, cilantro mixture. It sounded weird but was awesome. Just the right amount of heat. We cannot wait to go back to try more of the menu. We tried the Tres Leches which was very good and the Peruvian coffee was good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went here for lunch with our friends who are Venezuelan. I didn't think I like quinoa until I had one of their dishes. When I traveled to Peru I was not crazy about the ethnic dishes and I think it was because of the high altitude which affects cooking as well as one's appetite. I would describe this food as gormet Peruvian. I can't remember what the name of the dish I had but it was delicious. It had a touch of lime juice and other spices. We were so impressed that we are planning another visit with other friends. If you want excellent Peruvian and Mexican food with an emphasis on healthy eating, El Tule is a smart choice.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you want to try something a little different, go here! Mexican and Peruvian are both on the menu. Saturday night dinner with older teens was terrific, staff friendly, reservation was ready for us when we arrived - and I think reservations are definitely needed. Very small and busy! They have outside seating for better weather with outdoor heaters. Would recommend asking questions to make sure you get what you think you are reading as the lights were dimmed for atmosphere. Next time I am in town, I would like to try lunch there. Not too fancy, but if you ask me, not a place for small children in the evening.