Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn
$81
Hotwire.com
$129
$76
All reviewsthe main houseb bget awayalpacassuiteweekendmilelogandersondoetreatsbridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Although we were less than a mile from the heart of Lambertville, my husband and I felt that we were way out in the country while staying at Chimney Hill Inn. We stayed in Barn Suite 3 which added to the "out in the country" feeling. The grounds are lovely and the main stone manner where we ate breakfast each morning is beautiful. Eating a delcious, homemade breakfast in a beautiful relaxing dining room was a great way to start each day. We had a Living Social package deal which included a $50.00 coupon for dinner at Anton's restaurant in Lambertville. We were so pleased that our food was outstanding there as well.
During our stay, we made friends with the property's barn cat and had fun watching and feeding the alpacas and the llamas. This added more joy to our stay.
Barn Room 3 was gorgeous and felt like a little home away from home. We did bring a flashlight with us which helped us navigate the spiral staircase in the dark without having to turn on sleep disrupting lights during the overnight hours. (The bathroom is downstairs, so when nature calls...) The bed was firm but comfortable for us. Loved the jacuzzi tub and the comfy robes!
Terry is a gracious, friendly hostess who makes you feel right at home.
We loved this place and hope to return!

Room Tip: The Barn Rooms have TVs and excellent WiFi connection.
1  Thank VCat12
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This B&B is a beautiful old estate on a lovely expansive property. It is on a quiet street very close, but not walking distance into town; I enjoyed feeling like I was in the country so the driving was no problem (one warning...the meters in town are .25 for 15" and the time goes by quickly!). The Alpacas are a darling and fun attraction to the estate; you are given food to feed them which I quite enjoyed. Terry kindly received me at 2:30, even though the email that comes to confirm one's reservation states, in capital letters, that check in (3pm) and check out times (11am) are strict. She was a very nice and accommodating hostess and helped to orient me to the town w/ a map that she gave me. The ladies that work in the kitchen w/ her were very pleasant. I did feel that she was possibly short staffed, ie. the same woman who was helping w/ breakfast was sent over to my room to clean up a bit as she was not available later in the day (I wanted some private time after breakfast and there was no "do not disturb" sign.) I stayed in Barn Suite 1 so I did not take advantage of the beautiful sitting room in the main bldg. The Suite was nicely appointed; warm colors and decor. It was very clean. I enjoyed the back patio. However, I ran into some problems. The mattress was too firm for me and the pillows were lumpy. The linens were soft but worn and the quilted comforter very heavy. The towels were alright, not thin but not thick. The bedside lamps needed brighter bulbs as there is no overhead light (which I didn't mind, but was a bit hard to read in bed). The corkscrew didn't work for the complimentary bottle of wine (I've never met a bottle of wine I couldn't open). The TV remote only works for the cable; the TV itself has to be used manually. Even though the phone number to reach someone for help was posted in the main house; it would be better to put the number on the same card that Terry gave me w/ the door code. This way one wouldn't have to leave their room for help. The bathroom is a nice size and the jacuzzi tub great. The shower had jets and the water heated up very fast. The bottom part of the wall attachment that supports the shower head was not firmly attached. The little pantry comes w/ useful amenities and standard coffee supplies. Breakfast is served from 9 - 9:30 only; I found this somewhat restrictive. The DR is very pretty. The food was ok; the portions just enough. Speaking of food; I stayed here using Living Social and it included a $50 certificate to Anton's...fantastic place!!! I cannot stay again as my budget would not allow it and I honestly think it is overpriced, esp. given it's Registry Status.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
CHFE, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for the response.

We always our best to please- but it is up to you to call us as inform you unpon check in ( we live at the property ) if you want or need anything and our numbers are posted too :-)

We are very a very organized Inn group and excellent multitaskers here at the Inn- so getting your room complete prior to your return from breakfast as you requested was a proiority , but we are not under staffed.

Hope you enjoyed enough to return for another 2 days of extreme rest .

Terry

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My mother and I spent time at this inn for a short weekend stay. We really enjoyed the inn. The food was very good and all of the other guests were friendly and interactive.

I bought a pair of alpaca wool fingerless gloves in the gift shop. I have to say that they are amazing and I wear them a lot. I find them incredibly warm, comfortable and affordable. They also give me a nice memory of our time at the inn

Room Tip: Avery short drive to the shops and restaurants. Walkable but I had my mom with me!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Glad you and Mom had a great time with us! We enjoyed your visit and I bet those alpaca gloves last for YEARS to come!
See you soon !
Terry and Rich and the Alpacas!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have just returned from a long weekend at Chimney Hill Estate. What an incredible stay! We stayed in the barn in the Buttercup Room and fell in love with it! The attention to detail is second to none and we have stayed in numerous places in the Lambertville/New Hope area. The room was spotless, the grounds beautifully manicured, and breakfasts were scrumptious. They even prepared a special breakfast entree for me due to dietary restrictions. We even fed and enjoyed the alpacas and llamas. It is just a beautiful property. Terry is a gracious hostess and made us feel welcome. We will most certainly return!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

All I can say is THANK YOU!
We try very hard to make each guest feel important and enjoy their stay.
We love what we do and want you to come back !
Terry and Rich

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Chimney Hill Inn the weekend of June 3 - 5 and it was fantastic. Terry, the hostess, was simply amazing. It is clear that she loves her work and she is very good at what she does. The house was very comfortable. We spend an evening having wine in the Stone Room. The breakfast area ...read morewas very nice and the food was amazing. We had a great time feeding the Alpacas. The Inn seems to be in a remote location - but in truth we were less than a mile from downtown Lambertville and just across the bridge is New Hope. Both of the small towns feature plenty of great places to eat and hang out. We also visited a few of the local wineries, the Living History Farm, the flea market, and the Wildflower Preserve. A truely fantastic place to spend some time.