“A wonderful getaway!”

Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Lambertville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiancé and I loved our stay. Terry was very friendly and helpful, We had a barnsuite and it was wonderful- we had a Jacuzzi and fireplace. The alpacas were a really neat touch, and the breakfasts were fantastic.
Since we had booked our stay through a groupon, we had a free tour at the Unionville winery which was also great. We also received a 50 dollar credit to Anton's at the Swan. The food there is wonderful but the staff was rather cold and paid barely any attention to us (maybe because we had a coupon, maybe because we looked like the youngest and poorest people there). I was not the biggest fan of Anton's and felt like they were being rude to us.
Otherwise, everything was great. We had a memorable time and will definitely come back again,

There are newer reviews for Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I do not even know where to begin the praise for Chimney Hill. My husband bought an internet deal for us about a year ago but due to a few family medical situations we had to re-book the trip a few times (even beyond the dates of the deal/coupon). We were finally able to come for a midweek getaway this March. They were very accommodating and were able to work out some adjustments to the booking after said and done.

We were the only ones here and the inn keeper (sorry i forgot your name) was a total dream. We were allowed to check in early because we were the only ones there and if we needed to she mentioned we can take our time to checkout as well.

The alpaca were fun, and i can see kids having a good time...the female apaca were a bit more eager than the male apaca but i loved them all the same, they're really cute.

We took a nice walk into town and even into New Hope across the bridge, it was a nice day...maybe next time we can rent bikes and go up to frenchtown but for a two day romantic little getaway and do some antique-ing it was perfect.

breakfast was good and there are a bunch of restaurants in town we were able to choose from for dinner/lunch. we would not hesitate to come back again.

Room Tip: we stayed in the barn suite it was great for us... but for those that get up in the middle of the ni...
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in a barn suite #2 for two nights friday thru sunday. The location is perfect close to town, however far enough away were you feel secluded. The owner Terry is just wonderful and definately loves what she does. The property as well as the rooms are well cared for. Room was clean a cozy. We had a small gas fireplace as well as a small refrigerator and microwave. A bottle of wine and two glasses was waiting for us in our room upon check-in. Bed was comfortable however the pillows could have been a little softer. Small patio outside of sliders from the bedroom was also nice. The bathroom was clean and nice, shower was a little small and the pressure could have been better, but nothing to fuss over. Breakfast each morning was fantastic, hot, fresh and fast. We were also given small food to feed the alpaca, which are located onsite. They were friendly and loved the food, except for one which spit at my husband because he wasn't giving it to him fast enough. LOL - Terry the owner is always available to suggest things in town to do and provides a map for you which she circles suggested areas. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Stayed in a barn suite which I feels gives you the privacy you might look for in a bed and breakfast...
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I fell in love with the Chimney Hill Estate Inn. My husband and I spent two nights here for my 40th birthday and got a great groupon deal. The renaissance room was decorated very nicely and everything was clean and neat. We received a big map(with notes!), $50 food voucher for Antons (great food), alpaca feed and a welcome bottle of wine! Terry was the sweetest person and assisted us wherever she could. The livingroom in the main house was warm and cozy and the perfect spot to unwind with our friends! Breakfast was homemade and wonderful! Service was excellent.
It had snowed on the morning that we checked in and the Inn looked like something out of a fairy tale. The alpacas were adorable. Thank goodness there was no spitting!! Ha Ha Ha
The only drawback is the fact that there are no taxis that will cross over from New Hope to lambertville and visa versa. Not sure what spawned that but make sure you have a designated driver if you plan on indulging!
My friends and husband and I are making plans to go back at least once to twice a year! Thanks so much Terry for a memorable weekend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tammie O
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Chimney Hill Estate and we remembered why we liked it so much the first time and wanted to come back. The rooms are wonderfully decorated and make you feel right at home. Terry and the staff make your stay extremely enjoyable and really try to help you find local places and experiences that you are interested in.

The breakfast is always delicious and not boring. Each morning we were greated with wonderful smells and great food combinations - healthy and delicious!

The Inn also has a working alpaca farm and getting to visit and feed the alpaca's is so much fun, but stay clear of their "sneezing"!

We will definately be back very soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique - check out the website to see various styles, if you want some real privacy an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a barn suite when the temperature outside was in the teens. While driving there I was very concerned that our suite would not have suffient heat during this cold winter nights. Although we had plenty of warm heat, the warm air blew directly at our head and body while laying in bed which made it uncomfortably warm and over heated. We actually had to turn the heat off and sleep with an extra blanket. The barn suite is a nice size but very much outdated with need of a freshing up. The bed linens were rough and towels were small and few. The main house was lovely although I did not see the guest rooms. Lambertville is a very nice town, quaint and charming. The Inn is a short drive into town. One might want to stay at an Inn in town so that no car is needed and restaurants are all in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enjoysbeach
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I arrived at The Chimney Hill Estate Inn on New Year’s Day, after a week with my family and friends in nearby Washington Crossing, PA and New Hope, PA. After 10 days with friends and I realized why grown-ups have their own houses. We all love each other but you know the saying about friends and fish.

I needed to stay in the area for a few weeks more for business, so made arrangements with the owners, Terry and Rich to stay in their lovely inn until they got sick of me as well. Thankfully, they were more tolerant than my family and oldest friends. Just Kidding!!! I know the Bucks County and surrounding areas well but did not know much about the Chimney Hill Inn.

The inn is lovely, and Terry and Rich Anderson could not have been more gracious in providing hospitality to a weary traveler. A month away from home is a long time, but I must say, time passes quickly when surrounded by nice staff and beautiful accommodations. The room I called home was approximately 16" X 16"; it was located on a prominent corner of this stately inn on the 2nd floor over of the beamed stone study. My room had 6 windows so it was bright, it had a four poster king bead, with a very substantial and comfortable mattress, cozy bed clothes and comforter. I was in my room a great deal working on my computer, so the high speed internet access was important to me.

I did not have much time to socialize with the alpacas, but I know there were out on the back 40 somewhere. There are lots of things to do in the area, and the Chimney Hill is conveniently on the very edge of it all and a wonderful home base to search for antiques, taste local wines and will never be short of finding a wonderful meal.
Lambertville, NJ sits directly across the river from New Hope, a quaint little town made famous by the artists and actors who lived, worked, and visited for many, many decades. Bucks County, PA and Hunterdon County, NJ were home to many prominent members of the American Revolution. John Hart, signer of The Declaration, Thomas Paine, who's house is but a few miles south of New Hope, and many others. There are many historical sites to take in from Washington Crossing Parks in PA & NJ, the barracks in Trenton and the battlefield in Princeton and on and on…..

I have enjoyed being home for these past few weeks, I currently live near Asheville, NC, but as Dorothy once said... "There is no place like home". She was right and I must thank Terry and Rich for their wonderful hospitality, and I am looking forward to returning for a few weeks in April.

I have only written a few reviews for Trip Advisor, but I hope this information on the Chimney Hill Inn and the historical areas of Hunterdon and Bucks Counties are of interest to other business and social travelers.

Rick

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lambertville
The Lambertville House Hotel
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn? Share your experiences!