“warm, cozy and relaxing”

Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Lambertville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a room in the main house (which is beautifully decorated and very inviting.) We loved our room and the lounge downstairs with the woodburning fireplace. Our hostess was warm and welcoming, chatting with us and serving her guests a delicious breakfast each morning. ( I loved the blueberry pancakes) We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank njredfish
CHFE, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

It was a pleasure to meet and spend time with you! Thank you and we appreciate your visit.
Come again very soon.
Terry an Rich

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a groupon and stayed in Barn Suite 4, which was a nice, large room. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and shower, though it took a few minutes to figure out how the shower worked. We haven't traveled with CDs in years, so if you upgrade the audio unit in the shower, go Bluetooth. No biggie, just was amused by the shower audio. I definitely appreciated the fridge as well, since we were traveling with things we needed to keep cool. I loved the alpacas and had fun feeding them.

Breakfasts were good, however the inn was very full when we were there and I found it frustrating that the tables were full/dirty, but they were pretty quick about cleaning and resetting them. I've been at places that schedule the guest dining time to avoid this issue. I'm not sure which is better.

Our room had a few loose floor tiles that were concerning, the TVs could be updated, but we didn't use them, and the linens need an upgrade. While we slept ok the first night, the bulky mattress pad was lumpy and bothersome the second night and I had to fix it before I could sleep. I also noticed a tear in the sheets. I would suggest duvet, more pillows and higher thread count, and please upgrade that mattress pad. I also noted the air conditioner was squealing but my husband couldn't hear it. High frequencies bother me, so I slept with ear plugs.

All in all, a good stay. We would return. We also enjoyed Anton's and Unionville Winery.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingSum
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay for our 30th anniversary. We had already toured Lambertsville and New Hope many years ago, so we decided to try a new B&B. We totally loved our barn suite, the quiet and the peaceful setting, the alpachas are corralled behind the suites, the views and well manicured grounds are lovely. We were greeted by Eric, a sweet and competent innkeeper. He was pleasant and made a pretty good breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the quaint towns with great artsy shops and antiques. We sampled new offbeat restaurants and our fav would have to be The Blue Moose Cafe, a young chef with a bright and fresh approach to new and old classics. The pre-fix on thurs. for 21/pp was delicious! Reservations a must. The chef's Dad was helping out that evening to a packed full house, he was most charming and charismatic and proud of his son's talents. Overall, we had a wonderful excursion in Lambertsville and New Hope. The morning we were leaving, we quietly watched A beautiful Doe and its baby, grazing in the meadows around Chimney Hill, and for a moment all the world was just right.

Room Tip: The Barn suites at the estate are set back and more privated
2  Thank lee l

It is wonderful to be married for 30 years! It is even more a pleasure that you chose to spend your precious time with us here at Chimney Hill Estate!
Thank you and may you be blessed with many more happy years together.
Regards,
Terry and Rich

Reviewed September 1, 2012

There are many wonderful things about the inn. Its setting is nearly idyllic. It's very quiet and has a lovely swing and lawn chairs in the garden that was full of butterflies. The llamas are a hoot. There is a very comfortable lounge room with four comfy leather sofas (and a fireplace, not needed in August!). The dining room in which breakfast is served is historic, well appointed and comfortable. The breakfasts were just great -- fresh fruit and strada one morning and baked apple and French toast the second, both with bacon. Fabulous coffee. Eric was the manager during my stay and was very cordial.

On the other hand, my room was not wonderful. My room was Barn Suite I. It was clean, but shabby and in need of refreshing of paint, some work on the shower jets that did not function, china with cracks, stained towels. A window screen needed to replaced. Because of the placement of the A/C unit, it blows directly on the bed which I found unpleasant. The room is very dark. There was no light suitable for reading anywhere.

I would not stay in a Barn Suite again should I return, but rather try one of the inn rooms. I came with a Groupon deal. I love the Lambertville/New Hope area, and the inn is very close to "down town." The weather was beautiful and I enjoyed the area, being outside and sitting in the pretty lounge area. Sleeping and showering were less successful.

Room Tip: Avoid Barn Suite I.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My newlywed wife and I were gifted this experience by my mother-in-law. Neither of us had any idea what to really expect, so we went in to the experience with an open mind. After all was said and done, we were pleased with the trip as a whole. Eric was extremely pleasant and helpful with check-in and all the questions we had. We had Tree Top room which was secluded and quite, perfect for decompressing after hectic wedding plannings. Loved the booklet they include in each room for restaurants and activities, although it needs some updating due to "closed" businesses. GREAT STAY!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Chimney Hill Estate Inn is a lovely Bed & Breakfast. Through a Groupon package, we were welcomed with a bottle of wine, dining credit for Anton's, and alpaca food. The alpacas are sweet animals... each one had it's own uniqueness! The barn suites are closest to the Alpacas (surprisingly, it did not reek in the summer heat!) We stayed in Barn #1, which was cozy and comfortable. Eric and Terry were delightful hosts! Breakfast was delicious and a great way to start our day. Lots to do in the surrounding area.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We truly enjoyed our mid-week stay at Chimney Hill. We stayed in the Main House, which has a lovely and comfortable living room and a nice den. We did not hang around the Inn that much but if we were there with friends I could see us hanging out in the den a bit, enjoying a bottle of wine. The property is very nice and well maintained, and you can visit/feed the alpacas with a short walk to the back of the property. They were a fun bonus. The Inn is in a remote setting but it is just a very short drive to downtown Lambertville and New Hope, with plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, and people-watching to enjoy. Eric, the innkeeper while we were there, was very welcoming, friendly, helpful, and available. Our room (Tapestry) was very spacious and well appointed. The air conditioning is a window unit, which worked just fine. The only downside was the shower, which is in the claw-foot tub. The shower-head was low, as was the ceiling, so this was a small challenge. Not a big deal for us, as we are average height and nimble, but could be a bit of an issue for very tall people or those who have trouble moving with ease. We had a great time and would definitely return. Note: We had a Groupon for our stay.

Room Tip: Book early, as they are all different. Some do not have private baths. The Tapestry Room has a balco...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lambertville
The Lambertville House Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
9 mi away
The Temperance House Inn

Been to Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn? Share your experiences!