“New found faith”

Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Lakewood
Carlstadt, New Jersey
“New found faith”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I never really liked the entrees, and the salad bar is just ok for me although my husband loves it (alot of salty things on it, but it will fill you up). I liked the light ranch dressing.

Flip your menu over to the back page under Fresh Combinations. For $9.99, you get a quick meal with fries and your choice of the Garden Salad Bar or soup. It's amazing! My husband had the Baja chicken tacos (spicy chicken with cheese, grilled peppers, and onions. Served with chile-lime sauce - no fries), and I had the Zucchini cake minis (Two cakes make from zucchini, red peppers, and feta cheese topped with Ruby's mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and a pickle). The waitress Kelly was awesome!

• Visited June 2013

Chandlers Ford
“Busy but good food and portions”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday night was very busy, I had to wait 5 minutes to be seated (bar was free). Service wasn't as fast as it could have been but it was very busy. The greeter and servers were very friendly. I had a guacamole - it was made to share but I ate it all - then a Gumbo. Food was tasty, fresh and plentiful. It wasn't expensive - it was good value! They got all of my requests right.

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Serves Gluten Free menus items and it was right next to our hotel. They accommodated our party of 12 easily.

Visited December 2012
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Service is dictated by the bartender on duty”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is for the location on Route 70, Lakewood. I didn't see that as an option to reivew.
On 10-4-12 I checked into the hotel next to the restaurant. I was greeted with a friendly, welcoming, outgoing bartender, Christen, who seemed genuinely happy to serve me even though her bar was almost full. After the welcome, she explained that I was to late for the food portion of Happy Hour, but listed what was still available at a reduced price in beverages. I ordered wine. She made many suggestions on menu items and efficiently took my order. I had work to do at the hotel, but the environmnet was so warm, I stayed and enjoyed my evening at the restaurant. My bill, $44.00

The next visit, on 10.5.12. I arrived 15 min prior to the food going off special. The bar was empty. The bartender (who's name I won't mention here) did not welcome me, did not smile, did not look happy at all asked, ":you going to eat or just drink?" I said that I was going to partake in happy hour. She walked over to the register and looked at the time. (that seemed weird to me that she did that in front of me as if she didn't believe me that I was in the allotted time frame.) I asked her what beverages are on Happy hour. She mentioned $5 Absolute drinks. I asked if that was it, and she said, beer. I ordered a glass of wine and asked her to check with her manager because that was on special the previous time I came. She looked in the computer and said, "yea, I forgot about that." After that, no conversation. No interaction etc. I ate, I left. My bill....$13.36. As I was paying out, I did see a male bartender come on shift who was waiting tables the previous night and he remembered me and was very friendly. Unfortunately, I was ready to go by the time he came in. I wish he had opened up the evening shift. I would have had a better time at RT.

I am sure the gal on the second visit was a new bartender. But being friendly and welcoming isn't something that has to be trained. When people have so many optinons these days of where to eat, its the personal touches which make people return. That restaurant is next to the hotel that I'm staying at for TWO months. The amount of visits in the future, will depend on who is working. The call the restaurant business the "hospitality" business for a reason.

• Visited October 2012