“Service is dictated by the bartender on duty”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #16 of 65 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Service is dictated by the bartender on duty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is for the location on Route 70, Lakewood. I didn't see that as an option to reivew.
On 10-4-12 I checked into the hotel next to the restaurant. I was greeted with a friendly, welcoming, outgoing bartender, Christen, who seemed genuinely happy to serve me even though her bar was almost full. After the welcome, she explained that I was to late for the food portion of Happy Hour, but listed what was still available at a reduced price in beverages. I ordered wine. She made many suggestions on menu items and efficiently took my order. I had work to do at the hotel, but the environmnet was so warm, I stayed and enjoyed my evening at the restaurant. My bill, $44.00

The next visit, on 10.5.12. I arrived 15 min prior to the food going off special. The bar was empty. The bartender (who's name I won't mention here) did not welcome me, did not smile, did not look happy at all asked, ":you going to eat or just drink?" I said that I was going to partake in happy hour. She walked over to the register and looked at the time. (that seemed weird to me that she did that in front of me as if she didn't believe me that I was in the allotted time frame.) I asked her what beverages are on Happy hour. She mentioned $5 Absolute drinks. I asked if that was it, and she said, beer. I ordered a glass of wine and asked her to check with her manager because that was on special the previous time I came. She looked in the computer and said, "yea, I forgot about that." After that, no conversation. No interaction etc. I ate, I left. My bill....$13.36. As I was paying out, I did see a male bartender come on shift who was waiting tables the previous night and he remembered me and was very friendly. Unfortunately, I was ready to go by the time he came in. I wish he had opened up the evening shift. I would have had a better time at RT.

I am sure the gal on the second visit was a new bartender. But being friendly and welcoming isn't something that has to be trained. When people have so many optinons these days of where to eat, its the personal touches which make people return. That restaurant is next to the hotel that I'm staying at for TWO months. The amount of visits in the future, will depend on who is working. The call the restaurant business the "hospitality" business for a reason.

• Visited October 2012