“Very good stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very good stay”
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We spent 3 days at the Inn. Everything was in good order. Polite and friendly staff.
Clean and attractive
I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I spent two night on business in early January at the HGI. The hotel is located in a commercial strip - restaurants and Starbucks nearby within walking distance.

Pleasant lobby, front desk staff helpful. Similar to most hotels of this niche, the elevators are painfully slow and inefficient.

Breakfast is somewhat expensive, but service is good.

Room very comfortable, the sleep adjustable bed was excellent.

Every thing about the hotel was top notch until I visited the Pavilion Pantry adjacent to the front desk.

Eating dinner at one of the nearby restaurants, I elected to pass on the overpriced desert and decided to settle for a candy bar from the hotel. I thought I would be saving money and saving on calories. Well I did save on calories, but I would have been better off ordering the cheesecake, cake or pie at the restaurant from a value perspective.

I purchased a regular size Kit Kat bar (the kind thats $0.60 at Walmart) and a 20 ounce bottle of Dasani water (no more than $1 in vending machines). The total - $5.08. Nothing is priced in the Pantry and I can see why - the price gouging is ridiculous for the middle of strip mall heaven in central New Jersey - it isn't Manhattan.

Do yourself a favor and don't forget any toiletries that you might need to purchase - I can only imagine what a $0.99 cent travel can of shaving cream would have cost me?

As a Hilton Honors Silver member I strongly question whether I will stay at this hotel upon my return to the area on business. It isn't the $3 or so that I was overcharged - its the principle of price gouging that always upsets me. If I can buy it cheaper at the airport (and I did when I got back to Philly airport), you are charging too much.

I am grudgingly recommending the hotel - just don't buy anything at the Pantry.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
9 Thank ysuindy
rika357
Reviewed December 15, 2009

In over 25 years of booking and managing meetings nationwide, I can honestly tell you that I have never come across a hotel that has such a wonderful facility and incredible hotel staff as the team that truly understands and delivers superior customer service as the HGI Lakewood. Let me give you some specifics: Karen Kraig and Hanna greet you at the front desk and are such a pleasure to visit with as they check you in and are always willing and eager to assist you. Camille is a joy to visit with at the bar and is always looking for how she can help you during your stay, weather it be ordering room service for you as your way to the hotel so your meal is awaiting as you are starving from your trip, to providing stellar service during meetings. Shirley is most accommodating at breakfast and a pleasure to see her smiling face and desire to provide such great customer service insuring a wonderful breakfast experience and again providing stellar service during meetings. Debbie Pizzola is always helpful in with setting up meetings and providing outstanding customer service from the planning through the execution of our meetings covering each and every detail perfectly. Debbie is a true gem and her customer service mentality encourages us to return to the hotel for future meetings. Please know that this hotel "team" is one in a million, and should be an example to the entire hospitality business of what customer service truly is! Addiitionally the facility is impecably clean and well maintained. As always, we had an great experience, because of the outstanding HGI Lakewood team and top notch facility! Thank you

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 10, 2009

staff was very rude, no customer service skills here..........overpriced small rooms,mattress and boxspring had stains, if you want breakfast they charge you extra??????????

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank honda1800vtxf
JerseyGirl166, Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
We are very sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your recent stay. As you can see from our other reviews on Trip Advisor, the typical guest experience at our hotel is very positive. We are proud that all of our guest reviews on Trip Advisor have included perfect 5 out of 5 ratings since January 2009, and our average guest rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. We sincerely hope that you will return to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood in the future and that our management and staff will "wow" you with excellent service and excellent accommodations.
Chesepeake Virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2009

This hotel blows my mind every time i stay there. I have a 5, 7, and 13 year old and its just amazing everytime. I have family in the area and there are no other good hotels around. The staff is super nice and helpfull. The location is PERFECT for my needs. The Rooms are very nice. The service is good too. Finally for the money it is COMPLETELY worth it. My kids love coming here. We come about twice a year too. Finally YOU SHOULD STAY HERE IT IS AMAZING......

i wish all hotels were like this

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
new jersey
Reviewed September 27, 2009

11 day business stay in a beautiful new hotel.Front desk very knowlegable and friendly.They make you feel like family.Beautiful clean spacious rooms.Very quiet and close to reataurants next door a Ruby Tuesdays,Long Horn and Charlie Browns. Breakfast buffet with omelets etc cooked to order and other food items hot not cold like some others hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Stayed here for an unpleasant business trip but the hotel was excellent. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the service was outstanding. Great location to the Jersey shore for vacationers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!