“Nice Hotel for the Area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Hotel for the Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Checked into this hotel for a wedding down the street. The staff at check-in was pleasant and welcoming given there were hordes of drunk people in the lobby because of a wedding going on in the hotel. The room we had was a 2 queen room which was plenty big and clean. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but hey it's a bathroom. I have to say I enjoyed the adjustable mattresses which were a welcome to my back. The breakfast buffet was $11 which is not bad considering you are in the hotel and the nearest coffee shop is starbucks next door.

I highly suggest staying here if in the area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear rynpilot,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We greatly appreciate all your kind words, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were here for two nights for a wedding in the area. We had a King suite room, because all the other king bed rooms were sold out. It was clean and comfortable. The bed was a little hard. We paid a lot for the room, so it would have been nice if breakfast had been included. Nevertheless, we did have breakfast on the first morning in the hotel restaurant. It was a made to order buffet, and it was delicious. The wait staff were nice, too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Catgirl75,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the breakfast buffet. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

edison,nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Excellent customer service at the front desk from the assistant gm Karen and her associate Lucia.
I thank them for all that they do for their guests. If you need to stay jersey shore area, this is the place to reserve. I hope the Hilton Corporate reads trip advisor reviews and pays recognition to these fine people. You cant go wrong staying here. Clean comfortable rooms and common areas. Excellent cooked to order breakfast. Treats in the lobby! Clean swimming pool and hot tub. Fitness room is also top notch. I have stayed at many hotels and this one is excellent. Hats off the the staff who make it work. Special thanks again to Karen and Lucia!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear newhighland,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! Your wonderful comments will be shared with Karen, Lucia, and the rest of our exceptional staff. We hope you stay with us again soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Two night stay for a business trip. Excellent hotel. Great location. Very clean, friendly and helpful staff. One of the best fitness centers I have seen on business travel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rickie J,

Wow! Thank you for this wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, were able to use some of our excellent amenities, and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We are delighted to hear that you plan to stay with us again. See you soon!

Wyckoff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I had reservations for two rooms this Fathers Day weekend. When we checked in, we requested adjoining rooms and were told that would not be a problem. However, the connecting room would not be ready until later in the day. This was fine with us. We checked into one of our rooms and everything was fine. When we returned later that evening we were told by Jessica, the manager on duty, that the young lady who check us in earlier "did not know what she was talking about or doing" and due to the nature of our reservation and the hotel being sold out, there was nothing to be done. After some verbal exchanges we accepted the second room signed a non smoking agreement with a heavy penalty if found to be smoking in our room(which will make more sense in a moment) on a different floor and seprated our family. The smell of cigarette smoke was so heavy in our new room(confirmed by Hilton security staff on duty), it was impossible to stay in this room. Jssica, the manager on duty was not only indifferent and unhelpful, her advice was for me to start calling around to find another hotel in their business center. I told her we are with small children and it was late in the evening and two roll aways in my husbands room would have been fine at this point. Jessica informed me that none were available. She refused to call her manager or move a foot away from her counter. I then woke my husband and child in their room and decided to just drive home. Jessica now refuses to give me a credit for both rooms and states that we had already occupied the one room and i would have to call someone about that in the morning. I proceeded to call the Lakewood police who were so conerned about us driving so late(Jessica not once apololgized or expressed any helpful resolution other than your on your own...with half my family sleeping upstairs!!) and the policeman and women stated that there was not much that they would be able to do. Other than offer assistance getting us home safely so late.

As my family and i are checking into a Sheraton(11:30PM) that we had previously stayed at, the second party i had booked the Hilton through called me!!! They apologized for Jessicas behavior and issued me a full credit on both rooms at that moment. We were then checked into a beautiful suite and not only had a great nights sleep, I found under our door the next morning 4 complimentary breakfast coupons for my family!! And this beautiful suite was less than the two rooms at the Hilton...thank you Angela and your friend working with you Saturday
evening(didnt get his name). There are good people out there who care. Jessica....you should be ashamed of yourself and i will be calling your manager tomorrow!

Don't stay at the Hilton Garden in Lakewood!!! Even if the rooms are free!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 167LauraC
Dear 167LauraC,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. As it was initially explained, we do not have adjoining rooms at our property, but we tried to get you two rooms that were very close together. Unfortunately, there was an error on our end the day of your arrival, and because the hotel was sold out, we were not able to provide you with two rooms within a respectable distance. We understand your frustration, and we take full responsibility for the inconveniences. We would also like to take this opportunity to explain why we could not give you a refund at the time of your departure. Since you booked your reservations through a third-party website, the hotel must contact them to issue the refund. Your review has been shared with all necessary parties to ensure this does not happen again.

We understand you recently spoke with our General Manager and you have been given a full refund for your stay. Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood values all of our guests, and it is very unfortunate that this was your experience. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future, so we can show you the exceptional service and accommodations we are known for.

San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My thanks to Jessica at the front desk for being so responsive in getting my reservations straightened out. I am a frequent visitor to the HGI LW and often make last minute decisions about returning the next week. My company's booking tool frequently won't book the HGI at the time I determine I'm coming back. Jessica just gets it done (with minimal input from me). Her performance in "knowing me" and jumping on what I need is instrumental in my desire to remain a long-term, repeating HGI customer. She saves me real time and energy (often in short supply about the time I need to book again...). Thanks Jessica!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Timothy R,

Wow! Thank you so much for this outstanding review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, and sharing your wonderful comments about Jessica! We have an exceptional team here, and we work hard to ensure our guests love everything about their stay. We are thrilled you continuously choose the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, and we look forward to your next stay!

MELBOURNE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a pleasant experience. The Chain should reconsider its Breakfast Policy and make it inclusive for guests who spend more for quality accommodations. It would also be more helpful to employ English speaking personnel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear IsaacReiff,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration. Thank you again for the great review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!