“Safe, clean & friendly”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the front desk staff, to the housekeeping and dining staff, everyone was very friendly and willing to accommodate me. The room was large enough to not feel "closed-in" and very clean. Bed, sheets and towels were of good quality. It is right off the turnpike so convenient to get to.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back of the hotel so I wouldn't hear the traffic of the turnpike, but even sitti...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear TravelQueen2010_03,

Thank you for the great 5-star review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the dining options, and our exceptional staff. We greatly appreciate your recommendation, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our 2nd visit staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. The front desk staff, especially Jessica I., made sure all our needs were met. Traveling with an infant and getting in late, Jessica made sure our check in was effortless. She really is a gem. The room was great - plenty of space in the suite and the pull out sofa was much more comfortable than I imagined. . Provided plenty of privacy. Breakfast in the morning was average. Unfortunately there was a large group of athletes and only one waitress so unfortunately by the time our food arrived we had already gathered up our things and had to leave since we had a commitment that we could not be late for. I am looking forward to trying the breakfast buffet at our next stay however. Also, our room was close to the elevator and in the middle of the night woke up numerous times because you can hear everyone talking walking passed the door (in the living room area of the suite.) We look forward to returning and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you book the king bed/suite; Request a room not by the elevators as you can hear everyone talking...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Colleen_1017,

Thank you for your amazing 5-star review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are happy to hear that you and your family completely enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to having you all back soon!

Hiltond Garden Inn Lakewood

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great hotel to stay at in Lakewood! Front desk staff.... Awesome! Bartender..... Awesome!

They get it... If you have great staff, you have happy customers!!

Jessica, Roxanne, and Jackie...... You Rock!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi Steve G,

Thank you! It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. Your comments about our fantastic staff will be shared with everyone, as it will definitely brighten their day. We work hard to make our guests comfortable, and it makes us very happy to hear we are accomplishing that. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the hilton for my cousins wedding, and let me tell you this hotel went above and beyond to make this a very special weekend. The front desk staff was quick with checking us into our rooms and very helpful with our shuttle arrangements. the courtesy and friendliness was definatley a 5 star! The bar being kept open just for us was a nice touch. the bartender was on point working quick to serve us and keep us partying! The breakfast girls in the morning were also friendly and happy to help with a smile. i would reccomend this hotel to anyone coming to the Jersey Shore area!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear ashleigh c,

We are thrilled to hear that you completely enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We greatly appreciate the 5-star review and your wonderful comments about your accommodations and the staff. Thanks again and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Love this hotel and the staff is the best I have ever encountered in all my travels. Always pleasant and it is a great location. Close to the beaches and plenty of shopping. Several great restaurants around the hotel. The staff always treats you like family and takes great care of you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi george c,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our property and the staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was at this hotel for only onre night on business. Even in that short a period of time the staff made a great impression. The hotel is well decorated and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable though the pillows were not. The gym was standard for this type of hotel, but the machines were all clean and in good repair. The location is pretty good, situated between a Ruby Tuesday's and a Lonestar Steakhouse. Also close enough to pleanty of other good places to eat.

The ladies at the front dest were fantastic. They were friendly, genuine and helpful. Let me start with Lucia. This lady had a constant smile on her face, a pleasent greeting and a drive to help. I was looking for a good diner in the area and she told me she was new to the area and not too sure. This did not keep her from trying to get me informatio. Rather it seemed to drive her to learn and provide a good recommendation. She asked several people to no avail. Then she asked Ms. Karen Kraig. Ms. Kraig had a great place that was only about 10 minutes from the hotel. We wnt and had a fantastic breakfast at a good price.

I would stay at this location again if in the area. And I would seek out Ms. Kraig and Lucia to thank them again in person.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

gscar35 -

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about your accommodations and our staff. We have a great team here, and your review will be shared with everyone. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The last time I was in Lakehurst, I stayed in a sub-par hotel with few amenities and a lot of problems. When I had to return, I knew I needed to look elsewhere- everyone I talked to recommended the Hilton Garden Inn in Lakewood.

The first thing that caught my eye was location. This hotel is located between a Ruby Tuesday's and a Lonestar Steakhouse, and there's a Starbucks right next to Ruby Tuesday's. Even though the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, it's easy and convenient to walk to dinner and grab a coffee at the Starbucks drive-thru before heading off to work. Across the street, there's a number of interesting stores, like the Wine Academy. A quick drive down 70 puts you within 20 minutes of the naval base and a number of restaurants and shops.

Walking into the hotel, I noticed that it was immaculate. Cookies were set out next to complimentary coffee and water, and the entire hotel smelled clean and fresh. I checked in quickly and was pleasantly surprised at how lovely my room was. It smelled clean, everything was nicely laid out, and I even had a towel animal on my bed! The room had a minifridge and a microwave, as well as a coffee service. Bath and Body Works and Neutrogena amenities dotted the bathroom.

My stay overall was excellent. My only complaint is that the doors do shut loudly, even if you are trying to be quiet, so I woke up with a start each night when my neighbors came back to their rooms, but it wasn't bothersome enough to wear ear plugs. I couldn't hear any of the rooms or any outside noise otherwise, and that was wonderful. Each night I came back to a clean hotel room, and nothing was ever missed or sloppy. I enjoyed a wonderful night relaxing in the whirlpool during my stay and appreciated the pantry, which was reasonably priced and had a little bit of everything.

One thing that I must applaud the Hilton Garden Inn on (even though I know I'm an isolated incident) is providing coffee creamers that were not only varied, but dairy-free. One of the biggest problems I have when I travel is that the only dairy-free creamer the hotel offers comes in a packet and makes even the best coffee taste terrible. I'm severely lactose-intolerant, which makes it hard to enjoy a morning cup of coffee when I travel, as many hotels only provide half-and-half or that powdered non-dairy creamer. Even though the Starbucks is right next door, it was nice to stop at the little coffee bar on the way out of the door in the morning to grab a cup of coffee that I know won't taste gross or make me sick.

Overall, this trip to the Lakehurst area was a joy, and I am actually considering a trip back to the area for leisure simply because this hotel was so spectacular. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Christine C,

Wow! We cannot thank you enough for this outstanding review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! It is reviews like this that make our staff's hard work truly worth it. Our number one priority is providing guests with an excellent stay, and it is comforting to know that we are accomplishing that mission.

Thank you again, and we cannot wait until your next stay with us!

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Ramada Toms River
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
15 mi away
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!