“Great Experience as Usual”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Love this hotel and the staff is the best I have ever encountered in all my travels. Always pleasant and it is a great location. Close to the beaches and plenty of shopping. Several great restaurants around the hotel. The staff always treats you like family and takes great care of you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi george c,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our property and the staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was at this hotel for only onre night on business. Even in that short a period of time the staff made a great impression. The hotel is well decorated and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable though the pillows were not. The gym was standard for this type of hotel, but the machines were all clean and in good repair. The location is pretty good, situated between a Ruby Tuesday's and a Lonestar Steakhouse. Also close enough to pleanty of other good places to eat.

The ladies at the front dest were fantastic. They were friendly, genuine and helpful. Let me start with Lucia. This lady had a constant smile on her face, a pleasent greeting and a drive to help. I was looking for a good diner in the area and she told me she was new to the area and not too sure. This did not keep her from trying to get me informatio. Rather it seemed to drive her to learn and provide a good recommendation. She asked several people to no avail. Then she asked Ms. Karen Kraig. Ms. Kraig had a great place that was only about 10 minutes from the hotel. We wnt and had a fantastic breakfast at a good price.

I would stay at this location again if in the area. And I would seek out Ms. Kraig and Lucia to thank them again in person.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

gscar35 -

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about your accommodations and our staff. We have a great team here, and your review will be shared with everyone. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The last time I was in Lakehurst, I stayed in a sub-par hotel with few amenities and a lot of problems. When I had to return, I knew I needed to look elsewhere- everyone I talked to recommended the Hilton Garden Inn in Lakewood.

The first thing that caught my eye was location. This hotel is located between a Ruby Tuesday's and a Lonestar Steakhouse, and there's a Starbucks right next to Ruby Tuesday's. Even though the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, it's easy and convenient to walk to dinner and grab a coffee at the Starbucks drive-thru before heading off to work. Across the street, there's a number of interesting stores, like the Wine Academy. A quick drive down 70 puts you within 20 minutes of the naval base and a number of restaurants and shops.

Walking into the hotel, I noticed that it was immaculate. Cookies were set out next to complimentary coffee and water, and the entire hotel smelled clean and fresh. I checked in quickly and was pleasantly surprised at how lovely my room was. It smelled clean, everything was nicely laid out, and I even had a towel animal on my bed! The room had a minifridge and a microwave, as well as a coffee service. Bath and Body Works and Neutrogena amenities dotted the bathroom.

My stay overall was excellent. My only complaint is that the doors do shut loudly, even if you are trying to be quiet, so I woke up with a start each night when my neighbors came back to their rooms, but it wasn't bothersome enough to wear ear plugs. I couldn't hear any of the rooms or any outside noise otherwise, and that was wonderful. Each night I came back to a clean hotel room, and nothing was ever missed or sloppy. I enjoyed a wonderful night relaxing in the whirlpool during my stay and appreciated the pantry, which was reasonably priced and had a little bit of everything.

One thing that I must applaud the Hilton Garden Inn on (even though I know I'm an isolated incident) is providing coffee creamers that were not only varied, but dairy-free. One of the biggest problems I have when I travel is that the only dairy-free creamer the hotel offers comes in a packet and makes even the best coffee taste terrible. I'm severely lactose-intolerant, which makes it hard to enjoy a morning cup of coffee when I travel, as many hotels only provide half-and-half or that powdered non-dairy creamer. Even though the Starbucks is right next door, it was nice to stop at the little coffee bar on the way out of the door in the morning to grab a cup of coffee that I know won't taste gross or make me sick.

Overall, this trip to the Lakehurst area was a joy, and I am actually considering a trip back to the area for leisure simply because this hotel was so spectacular. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Christine C,

Wow! We cannot thank you enough for this outstanding review of the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! It is reviews like this that make our staff's hard work truly worth it. Our number one priority is providing guests with an excellent stay, and it is comforting to know that we are accomplishing that mission.

Thank you again, and we cannot wait until your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was asked to write an review. So, I guess I will, the Hotel as a whole has some great qualities about it, and very clean and well taking care of to some point, at the same there are certain areas that need lots of work, for I will stop here, due I am still here and been here since Jan. 2, 2013 for business. The girls at the Front Desk treated me ever well, I had to have some changes made and issues taking care of and it got done with know questions asked ..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Countrygirl349,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. We greatly appreciate the 5-stars! We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a long stay at this Hotel and I can't say enough about the hospitality and level of service I received from the front desk staff. I had to make many changes during the course of my stay and they did it all with a smile. It was tough to deal with all the damage from Hurricane Sandy and they were very helpful during it all. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hi Brad F,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are glad you were able to find comfort here at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood after Hurricane Sandy. It was a very difficult time for many people in New Jersey, and we are glad we were able to help during this stressful time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Over all service is good, staff is great except the server at breakfast area is very rude. Hotel is beautiful, clean and cozy feel like home. Gym and pool are nice and clean. Laundry is inside the hotel which is very helpful and convinient. Parking is not an issue and have free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joe R,

Thank you for your 5-star review! The staff and I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Thanks!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

my stay was excellent! I was treated very well at the front desk when I arrived and when I was leaving. the rooms were in great shape and very clean. I will most definitely stay with the Hilton garden inn again. also will tell people about how great my stay was with them. I give the hotel five stars all around. thank you

Room Tip: corner rooms are better for noise