“Convenient hotel location, nicest in town.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Convenient hotel location, nicest in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you need a hotel in this area this hotel is new, has restaurants next door and is close to the highway and is quiet. It would have been nice to include a free hot breakfast like most of their competitors do especially for the price we paid. It was rather hectic at times in the hotel as there were FEMA workers staying there as well as other people staying there from Storm Sandy and they were filled to capacity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelgalle
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi Travelgalle,

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you plan to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood is nearby to a client I serve - I've stayed there twice and look forward to additional visits in the coming months. As someone who stays in a LOT of hotels, I hold the team at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood in the highest esteem. Prior to my last visit, the front desk team went above and beyond to help me with a challenge I was having - a real Can-Do mentality. From the front desk staff who are always courteous, kind and helpful; to the bartender who went out of her way to ensure I had what I needed for my in-room meal; to the Security team (or bellmen) who graciously shoveled my car out of the snow - my experience was Five Star from Start to Finish! I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood.

Donna Cutting, author of The Celebrity Experience: Insider Secrets to Delivering Red-Carpet Customer Service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RedCarpetAuthor
Hi RedCarpetAuthor,

Thank you for an exceptional 5-star review! It is great to hear that you had a fantastic stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. Our guests are our number one priority, and we want to assist them in every way possible to assure their stay is a pleasurable one. After reading your review, it's good to know we are accomplishing that.

Again, thank you for the outstanding review and we hope you plan to stay with us again soon!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have to say that my time spent in New Jersey was made simpler by the assistance of Alexis at the front desk and Shirley at the morning breakfast. These two ladies went well above the minimum needed to do their jobs - they stepped up and went above and beyond without prompting.

The problem with such a statement makes it seem that other staff at the hotel did not do an excellent job. Let me make it clear - the entire staff at this facility did an exceelent job across the board in their efforts to assist me with any request I made. Though I am not one of those needy individuals constantly asking for special attention - I must admit I often felt like one by the attention to detail the staff took with each of my requests.

No matter, there were two individuals that constantly stood apart from one and all - Alexis and Shirley.

Bravo Zulu ladies!

Room Tip: Smile when you walk in! If you made reservations via the internet your rooms are preselected. If y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeM34653
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi GeorgeM34653

Wow! What an amazing review! We greatly appreciate such wonderful comments about our staff. The customer experience is our number one priority, and it is great to hear that the staff is exceeding expectations.

Your comments will be shared with Alexis and Shirley as well as the rest of the staff. They will definitely appreciate your wonderful comments.

We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden in last month for a wedding and the staff was nothing but helpful. The lady Karen at the front desk accommodated my husband and I, and made us feel very welcome. She was friendly and willing to do anything to make our stay enjoyable. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to family and friends!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Whitney H,

Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-star review! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made your stay even more enjoyable. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff!

Thanks again!
Northern NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn one short Saturday evening on way from northern NJ to Atlantic City, so we did not have to arise before crack of dawn to drive all the way for my daughter's gymnastics competition. Arrived 6PM, checked in, dropped bagsm and walked next door to Longhorn Saloon for dinner. Check in was fast and courteous. Wait for dinner was long. Ruby Tuesday and Starbucks are next door on other side, all sharing same entrance and parking -- very short walk. Dinner took long time due to hour wait, but lots of shopping and places to eat in short driving distance.

Arrived back at hotel and requested additional pillows and towels, since two adults and two kids. Room had two "sections" separated by a mini "hall" with closets on one side and bathroom on other side. Good size room, with queen bed on bedrrom side and full size pull out couch on other. Four people were booked on the reservation, but they left only three towels in the room. Two flat screen TV's, one on each side. Bathroom was good size, with good shower (hot water, pressure, etc.). Reasonably comfortable room HVAC controls, and not at all noisy for the HVAC.

The biggest complaint was noise in the hall late at night. My wife and daughter slept on bedroom side toward back of the room, with our room on back side facing a quiet parking lot for the hotel. They heard nothing. My son and I were in the living area by room door. There must have been some group staying in several rooms near us, with teenagers and young adults. At 11 PM they were out in the hall talking very loudly. I opened the door and asked them nicely to tone it down. When the noise continued again at same level, I called the front desk, as I did not want my daughter disturbed the evening before a big gymnastics meet (which is why I did not book a hotel in Atlantic City). The desk said they would send security up, which they must have done, because it got quiet pretty quickly at about 11:30.

Breakfast at the hotel was above expectations. The service was excellent. The food was fresh, and the made to order omelettes were suprisingly good. Check out was fast.

While the hotel is easy to get to from Garden State Parkway southbound at exit 88, just off the exit ramp to the right. The other complaint (and not hotel's fault) is that you can't get right back onto the Garden State Parkway south from Rt 70 right by the hotel. We had to drive quite a way to get back onto the Parkway, but made it to Atlantic City in just over an hour.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear SDND,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay! We apologize for the inconveniences your experienced, but we are glad we were able to fix the issues in a timely manner.

We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Richardson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I drove ten hours from another state to spend Christmas with my family. Our son and his family flew in from Texas and stayed at the hotel with us. On Christmas morning, our daughter and her family drove three hours from PA to have brunch at the hotel with all of us. I didn't know what to expect Christmas morning to be like in a hotel and not at home since our four grandchildren were there, but it turned out great. We all spent a few hours in the little "private" living room and opened gifts in front of a cozy fireplace. The wait-staff in the dining area and the desk staff made us feel welcome. Our rooms were clean and comfortable.
The hotel is on a highway, so we asked for a room at the back which was quiet. There are two restaurants within walking distance, both serving gluten free options which is important to us. And there is a Starbucks there, too.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Joanne D,

What a lovely review! We greatly appreciate you giving us 5-stars for your recent holiday stay. It is great to hear that we could provide a comforting environment for you and your family to spend the holidays together.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words on TripAdvisor. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Christmas time while visiting relatives. I chose it because it was the only smoke free hotel I could find in the area. It was significantly more expensive than other local hotels and I'm not sure it was worth it. The room was clean and comfortable and relatively quiet, but nothing exceptional. The staff was courteous but with a few exceptions was very cold, bordering on unfriendly. THere were a few inconveniences like our key cards didn't work the first time, they forgot to give us our breakfast vouchers, no towels in the pool area and having to wait 30 minutes for someone to bring them and the rooms are not cleaned until after 4:00 which was inconvenient for us and the internet in the business center kept crashing. Cookies in the afternoon were a nice touch. I'd say if it had been $50 a night cheaper and the staff had cracked a smile I'd have been content.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi BostonMumu,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and will take your comments into consideration as we want to keep our guests happy during their stay.

Thank you again for sharing your recent experience, and we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!