“A Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Sayville, New York
“A Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I were visiting friends in the area and booked a room for two nights. We were very impressed with the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We even saw a man down on his hands and knees cleaning a spot on the carpet! The decor is lovely and the walls and carpeting very pretty. We thought the breakfast was a little overpriced but overall our impression of the hotel was that it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed for just one night and were delighted with the overall experience. The hotel is immaculate, the rooms and beds comfortable, but best of all quiet. It's nice to have a refrigerator as well as a microwave. Choices in Lakewood are minimal Including some very dated facilities. This did not disappoint!

Room Tip: To assure a comfortable night, request a quiet location
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Spent one night on a business trip. The room was very, very nice with a living area. I used room service to get a very nice dinner from the Longhorn Steakhouse that was located on the property. The morning's made-to-order breakfast was also great.
Everything was spotless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2011

As we were planning our wedding in Point Pleasant, we began looking for hotels in the area that could accommodate many out of town guests. From the very beginning the Hilton Garden Inn was great. We worked with Camille from the beginning and she helped with every detail, from making sure the rooms were booked with ease, to keeping the bar open late for everyone to party (including getting us special liquor), to coordinating a shuttle bus for all guests. They did a great job and all of our guests were so impressed with how amazing their service was. On top of it all, the hotels is clean, well maintained and in a great location relative to the beach! If you are looking for a place to stay you cant go wrong here! Thanks again for everything Camille!

Andre & Christie

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andre B
Tustin, Calif
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed here and have been very satisfied on both trips. Room was excellent, staff is friendly & helpful, and amenities (like exercise room) were excellent. I will come back here again when I'm in the area. This hotel was recommended by my co-workers who stayed here on previous times (and also keep coming back). I give it 5 stars for the business (and probably family) traveler.

My only "negative" if you can call it that, is that the breakfast is pricey compared to what I would hope for (which was free or really cheap). Their regular breakfast is about $8 while their made-to order level is $12. To be fair to them, their breakfast selection is excellent with fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, cereals, and lots of fresh breads, muffins & bagels. The made to order portion includes eggs, omlets, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. It is a fair deal if you don't expect/need a free breakfast. And the service manager is wonderful. Shirley always greated guests warmly. Fortunately my company pays for this. If I had my family, I might be running out for McDonalds.

The hotel is kept clean and tidy (a big deal for me). You're close to Target, Costco, and other stores you may want to go to. There is a good steakhouse next door and a Ruby Tuesdays on the other side. (Unfortunately neither are open for breakfast for a change.) The hotel is close to the Garden State Parkway as well.

The bed is very comfortable and they supplied two sets of pillows - both so nice I couldn't decide which I liked better. Desk area was perfect with a couple extra outlets. Bathroom shower had great pressure.

Room Tip: I don't like the ground floor. Too easy for people to see inside your room. I have always had...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I recently got married and needed a hotel for many out of town guests. The wedding was planned rather quickly and we scrambled for rooms.... Camille was one of the best quality people I have ever encountered. She made family and guests feel special.. the hotel didnt have enough rooms for all my guest but everytime there was a cancelation she would personally call me and allow one of our guest to take the room....she was always very cordial and easy to work with.... she was funny hospitable and just an all around great person.. she made our stay easy and accommodated everything we needed. I just cant say how hard she worked to have all my guests there with us for our special night. I would easily recommend this hotel for the staff and the way they went out of their way for us, especially Camillle

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been staying ot the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood NJ for business over the past month. The front desk service, sales staff and housekeeping are very prefessional. I have met some of the senior management here, Dana and Karen. They are very professional and will bend over backwards to make your stay very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and clean but the bed makes the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!