“Another excellent visit”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Tustin, Calif
“Another excellent visit”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed here and have been very satisfied on both trips. Room was excellent, staff is friendly & helpful, and amenities (like exercise room) were excellent. I will come back here again when I'm in the area. This hotel was recommended by my co-workers who stayed here on previous times (and also keep coming back). I give it 5 stars for the business (and probably family) traveler.

My only "negative" if you can call it that, is that the breakfast is pricey compared to what I would hope for (which was free or really cheap). Their regular breakfast is about $8 while their made-to order level is $12. To be fair to them, their breakfast selection is excellent with fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, cereals, and lots of fresh breads, muffins & bagels. The made to order portion includes eggs, omlets, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. It is a fair deal if you don't expect/need a free breakfast. And the service manager is wonderful. Shirley always greated guests warmly. Fortunately my company pays for this. If I had my family, I might be running out for McDonalds.

The hotel is kept clean and tidy (a big deal for me). You're close to Target, Costco, and other stores you may want to go to. There is a good steakhouse next door and a Ruby Tuesdays on the other side. (Unfortunately neither are open for breakfast for a change.) The hotel is close to the Garden State Parkway as well.

The bed is very comfortable and they supplied two sets of pillows - both so nice I couldn't decide which I liked better. Desk area was perfect with a couple extra outlets. Bathroom shower had great pressure.

Room Tip: I don't like the ground floor. Too easy for people to see inside your room. I have always had...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I recently got married and needed a hotel for many out of town guests. The wedding was planned rather quickly and we scrambled for rooms.... Camille was one of the best quality people I have ever encountered. She made family and guests feel special.. the hotel didnt have enough rooms for all my guest but everytime there was a cancelation she would personally call me and allow one of our guest to take the room....she was always very cordial and easy to work with.... she was funny hospitable and just an all around great person.. she made our stay easy and accommodated everything we needed. I just cant say how hard she worked to have all my guests there with us for our special night. I would easily recommend this hotel for the staff and the way they went out of their way for us, especially Camillle

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been staying ot the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood NJ for business over the past month. The front desk service, sales staff and housekeeping are very prefessional. I have met some of the senior management here, Dana and Karen. They are very professional and will bend over backwards to make your stay very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and clean but the bed makes the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have to travel for business quite often all over the East and West coast, and my measuring stick is always the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood NJ. Since the first time I've been staying here everyone has always bent over backwards to make my stays enjoyable and comfortable!! Their staff is always very Professional, courteous, and ready to go out of their way to make you feel at home! I honestly can not say enough good things about this hotel, except come and see for yourself! You will be impressed to say the least!! This hotel is not only the BEST Choice, it is the ONLY Choice!! Tell them Rich sent you!!

Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have encountered horrible service here on multiple occassions.

I booked a block of rooms for my wedding there. They were unresponsive to my request to add additional rooms to our block. We ended up with guests in 2 other hotels. If their service was better they would have booked 60 rooms, rather than 25. They also could not provide an accurate count of the number of rooms reserved for welcome bags. They were constantly rude about basic requests for information. Furthermore, they do not offer the best rate to the group. I recently was invited to a wedding with a room block there, the rate offered to the group was $30 more than the rate (with same cancellation terms) advertised online. For that event, I cancelled my reservation over the phone and was not provided any confirmation number. Later, my credit card was charged for the room anyway. When I called to dispute the charge, I was told that I needed a confirmation number to reverse the charge. The hotel manager was full of attitude.
DON'T ASK YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO STAY HERE! ROOM BLOCK SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAC50BY50
JerseyGirl166, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear JAC50BY50,

We would like to take this time to inform both you and our consumers of our policies to aid in your hotel booking experience in the future. As part of our hotel policy, when booking for large groups or weddings our maximum capacity for a room block is held at 30 rooms. We inform our wedding party of this rule immediately upon booking with us. We will gladly accommodate extra rooms if there are any additional guests who book with the group however this is subject to room availability. The Hilton Garden Inn has 110 rooms in its hotel, and therefore to hold a block of 60 rooms would be difficult to maintain and refill in the event of a cancellation.

In the event of a cancellation, we ask that you or any of our consumers notify our personnel in a timely fashion. The sooner the Hilton Garden Inn staff is aware of the cancellation, the better equipped we will be to serve your needs. It is always best to keep a record of what time you called and who you spoke with at the time of cancelling your room. This way, if a confirmation number is not provided at the time of the call, we have an indication of where to start to find the transaction. If preferred, one can always e-mail their cancellation requests and receive a confirmation number through an online print medium. This confirmation number is used to track all transactions to ensure accuracy.

Our room booking coordinator also works very closely with our wedding couples to determine all guests involved with the wedding party. She meticulously hand checks the guest lists involved with the wedding party and lists guests by name to ensure that they receive the proper wedding accoutrements. In this case, our records indicate during the time of your visit, we were able to find the best available rate for the date of arrival was $219 and the block rate for that date was priced at $154, therefore saving guests $65 per room when booking in a block. Our attention to details and commitment to our guests has awarded us the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2011 and we continue to pursue that standard.

As always, thank you for your feedback and we wish you happy travels in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood Team.
sanford
Reviewed September 19, 2011

without too much of a sob story, we were here for about a month due to issues with our home. the staff here has been absolutely wonderful. from front desk, to maintenance, to housekeeping, to bar staff, to management, i do not have a bad thing to say.i would highly, highly recommend this hotel. we are sad to leave!

Room Tip: handicapped rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hartford, CT
Reviewed September 14, 2011

There are not many options to choose from when you are attending a function in Lakewood. This hotel was the 'lesser of the evils'. The room we were given had a list of ongoing problems - air conditioning which stopped working after the compressor was on for a few minutes, a refrigerator that did not keep anything cold and we didn't realize this until we took a water bottle out to find out that it was warmer than when we put it in and a bed that was concave in the center. Even after several complaints about the air conditioner were made to the front desk, the response was more a rebuttal than of assistance.

As a long time member of Hilton Honors and being used to stellar accommodations from the Hilton chain, this facility is truly sub-par. Perhaps the lack of service comes from the fact that this is NOT a Hilton owned facility, but in fact a franchise owned by a local group who values the dollar more than service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JerseyGirl166, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear 22traveling22,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We would like to inform our consumers that we are a certified Hilton brand member hotel and winner of the 2011 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and we are committed to upholding these high standards of quality for every guest.

At our property, our air conditioning units have an adjustable thermostat located on a wall opposite to the window where the unit is located. Our refrigerators are also adjustable with temperature gage knob located in the back of the unit. In our commitment to our guests’ comfort, we had also sent an engineer to investigate the complaint of the room to verify that all the amenities of the room were in working condition. The engineer had confirmed that the refrigerator and air conditioner were completely functional.

If any consumer has any questions, concerns, or comments our front desk is always available and eager to help. As always, we wish you happy travels in the future.

The Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!