“My home away from home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
“My home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have to travel for business quite often all over the East and West coast, and my measuring stick is always the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood NJ. Since the first time I've been staying here everyone has always bent over backwards to make my stays enjoyable and comfortable!! Their staff is always very Professional, courteous, and ready to go out of their way to make you feel at home! I honestly can not say enough good things about this hotel, except come and see for yourself! You will be impressed to say the least!! This hotel is not only the BEST Choice, it is the ONLY Choice!! Tell them Rich sent you!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Verona, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have encountered horrible service here on multiple occassions.

I booked a block of rooms for my wedding there. They were unresponsive to my request to add additional rooms to our block. We ended up with guests in 2 other hotels. If their service was better they would have booked 60 rooms, rather than 25. They also could not provide an accurate count of the number of rooms reserved for welcome bags. They were constantly rude about basic requests for information. Furthermore, they do not offer the best rate to the group. I recently was invited to a wedding with a room block there, the rate offered to the group was $30 more than the rate (with same cancellation terms) advertised online. For that event, I cancelled my reservation over the phone and was not provided any confirmation number. Later, my credit card was charged for the room anyway. When I called to dispute the charge, I was told that I needed a confirmation number to reverse the charge. The hotel manager was full of attitude.
DON'T ASK YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO STAY HERE! ROOM BLOCK SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAC50BY50
JerseyGirl166, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear JAC50BY50,

We would like to take this time to inform both you and our consumers of our policies to aid in your hotel booking experience in the future. As part of our hotel policy, when booking for large groups or weddings our maximum capacity for a room block is held at 30 rooms. We inform our wedding party of this rule immediately upon booking with us. We will gladly accommodate extra rooms if there are any additional guests who book with the group however this is subject to room availability. The Hilton Garden Inn has 110 rooms in its hotel, and therefore to hold a block of 60 rooms would be difficult to maintain and refill in the event of a cancellation.

In the event of a cancellation, we ask that you or any of our consumers notify our personnel in a timely fashion. The sooner the Hilton Garden Inn staff is aware of the cancellation, the better equipped we will be to serve your needs. It is always best to keep a record of what time you called and who you spoke with at the time of cancelling your room. This way, if a confirmation number is not provided at the time of the call, we have an indication of where to start to find the transaction. If preferred, one can always e-mail their cancellation requests and receive a confirmation number through an online print medium. This confirmation number is used to track all transactions to ensure accuracy.

Our room booking coordinator also works very closely with our wedding couples to determine all guests involved with the wedding party. She meticulously hand checks the guest lists involved with the wedding party and lists guests by name to ensure that they receive the proper wedding accoutrements. In this case, our records indicate during the time of your visit, we were able to find the best available rate for the date of arrival was $219 and the block rate for that date was priced at $154, therefore saving guests $65 per room when booking in a block. Our attention to details and commitment to our guests has awarded us the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2011 and we continue to pursue that standard.

As always, thank you for your feedback and we wish you happy travels in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood Team.
sanford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

without too much of a sob story, we were here for about a month due to issues with our home. the staff here has been absolutely wonderful. from front desk, to maintenance, to housekeeping, to bar staff, to management, i do not have a bad thing to say.i would highly, highly recommend this hotel. we are sad to leave!

Room Tip: handicapped rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

There are not many options to choose from when you are attending a function in Lakewood. This hotel was the 'lesser of the evils'. The room we were given had a list of ongoing problems - air conditioning which stopped working after the compressor was on for a few minutes, a refrigerator that did not keep anything cold and we didn't realize this until we took a water bottle out to find out that it was warmer than when we put it in and a bed that was concave in the center. Even after several complaints about the air conditioner were made to the front desk, the response was more a rebuttal than of assistance.

As a long time member of Hilton Honors and being used to stellar accommodations from the Hilton chain, this facility is truly sub-par. Perhaps the lack of service comes from the fact that this is NOT a Hilton owned facility, but in fact a franchise owned by a local group who values the dollar more than service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JerseyGirl166, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear 22traveling22,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We would like to inform our consumers that we are a certified Hilton brand member hotel and winner of the 2011 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and we are committed to upholding these high standards of quality for every guest.

At our property, our air conditioning units have an adjustable thermostat located on a wall opposite to the window where the unit is located. Our refrigerators are also adjustable with temperature gage knob located in the back of the unit. In our commitment to our guests’ comfort, we had also sent an engineer to investigate the complaint of the room to verify that all the amenities of the room were in working condition. The engineer had confirmed that the refrigerator and air conditioner were completely functional.

If any consumer has any questions, concerns, or comments our front desk is always available and eager to help. As always, we wish you happy travels in the future.

The Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood Team
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I just stayed at the hotel for two nights and was pleased with the helpfulness of the staff and the spaciousness of the room. There were several wedding parties staying at the hotel so it was at capacity. The staff was courteous and helpful at check-in and check-out. The rooms are quite even though the hotel faces Route 70.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CWDiehl
Phila Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed one night while traveling on business, so I didn't use the hotel to it's full potential. It met the typical Hilton Garden standards. The overall hotel as well as my room was clean and comfortable. The lobby was very nice with plenty of comfortable seating, a TV and fireplace. Several of my co-workers met in the lobby and had plenty of room to gather and stretch out.
The location is very convenient, just off the Garden State Parkway. Plenty of parking. It has a restraunt on either side that you can walk to as well as a Starbucks adjacent to the one restaraunt.
We also had a small company meeting at the hotel. No problems with the meeting room.
The only complaint I have is that they have no free breakfast. Given the premium price for the rooms, I would expect some level of free breakfast, but hey, thats just me. I didn't really want much, so I went to Starbucks for coffee and a muffin. (all I need to get going). Also, I should mention that they do have a small bar. The bartender was very friendly and attentative to our group, which is rare for hotel bars anymore.
Overally, it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MasterTravelMan
Franklin Square, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Having stayed at many Hilton's across the US this is by far the nicest of them all. Karen Kraig manager helped book us a room given very short notice (less than 24 hours) and allowed us to use our Hilton Honor points. She gave us great advice when we got there as to where to go, what to see & very accurate directions. My family had a ball. Camille who worked the dining room took great care of my kids at every meal, she was great. The hotel was clean, pretty, professional and more than accommodating. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to the Jersey Shore. Plus it was about 15-20 minutes from all the attractions. Plenty of great places to eat right on Rte. 70 too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gina M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!