“This is our cheers”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have been going here since the tip opened. We are a family of six, 2 adults and 4 kids. The tip has always accommodated us, even with small kids. The service has always been great. the food is bar food. the have some great irish dishes like there irish mac and cheese, lamb stew, and shepherds pie. the burgers are good as well. I had a steak there the other day, cooked and seasoned perfectly. They have about 20 taps that rotate, good sangia(thats whats my wife says), and a plethora of whisky(if thats your thing). All in all, its a great neighborhood pub. We go all the time(and with kids). this is our "cheers".

Reviewed February 15, 2014

A cold wannabe Irish pub that is non-descript at best. The place was inordinately loud, the service was unprofessional and the food was about as untasty and classless that you can imagine. This is a forget it joint. For shots and beers it is great, but for a night out forget it.

1  Thank AlC942
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My family and I went there six times. Each time was a different experience, not all bad. The food quality was fair, not good, but it was losing it's quality a little more with each visit. The dishes we tried more than once were at best, inconsistent. If you find something you like, when you get again you want it to be the same dish...taste the same. That's where this place doesn't stack up well. There are several owners. They hire a manager that doesn't have sufficient control to run the operation properly. I have been a restaurant owner, and I can tell you, this isn't being handled properly at all. My guess is that they operate AT or NEAR break-even, maybe even take losses, since the bar is also inefficient and poorly managed. The wait staff is fair, NOT good. There are attitudes at work there, not true servers who wait tables professionally. Without many improvements and without a real manager running the show, this place is going to close. I wouldn't be surprised at this juncture, if the owners put it up for sale. Their business is being ruined by far too many factors. Good luck!

2  Thank Eddy P
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We've never been in an Irish bar where an Irishman couldn't get a drink. We stopped in for quick bite, a Guiness and some atmosphere. After 20 minutes without a server even stopping by our table, I flagged down the hostess who said they were very busy with only 2 servers on and there were many empty tables. She offered to take our orders but without even having had a drink order taken we decided to just leave rather than be ignored the rest of the night.

You have only one chance to make a first impression. Our impression is pretty poor and it is unlikely we'll ever stop again. Too bad because the food sounded pretty good if a tad bit pricey. The special drinks were very interesting but again, useless if you can't get served.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

have gone in with friends after golf food is traditional irish pub food can be very noisy prices could be a bit hih for some simple items like burgers but otherwise ok for lunch