“Disgraceful”

Lakehurst Diner
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Lakehurst
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toms River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgraceful”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not sure what was worse, the food or the service. The owner and staff seem clueless. Old and dated and dirty. Never again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 72JoeB

Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Don't bother eating here.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been to the Lakehurst Diner a few times. The breakfast isn't bad, but lunch and dinner are disasters. The service is very slow, and the food isn't great. Last time we went here, we waited a few minutes to be seated, even though there was nobody else waiting. We were ushered to a rear booth that did not have napkins, silverware, or anything else on it except the menus that were placed there when we sat down. The order was taken and after 10 minutes I asked if we would get silverware, etc. I was told, "Oh, I forgot about you". Nice to know that. They won't see my money or myself here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank sweetsue13
Kansas City, Missouri
“Pork Roll Heaven”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had breakfast here with family members and most of us had a dish accompanied by Pork Roll. I had Pork Roll and cheese on a hard roll. This NYC native felt like I was in breakfast heaven. :)

Everyone enjoyed the breakfast. My brother-in-law enjoyed a ham and cheese omelet that looked to be cooked perfectly. My nephew had the lumberjack breakfast and cleaned his plate.

I like the diner atmosphere and recommend the Lakehurst Diner for breakfast - especially if you like Pork Roll.

• Visited January 2013
“Not impressed”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Food was mediocre. The portions small. The decor very dated, dark and gloomy. Never going back, it was just too depressing to eat there.

Visited March 2012
Ewing NJ
“Good example of a Jersey Diner”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Lakehurst Diner has that 3 F's that families with children look for:

Friendly attentive service,
Fast delivery of food
Fair price for generous portions

A good meal for everyone after a fun day at the beach.

• Visited July 2012