“Nice little sushi shop; now with a Korean menu”
Review of Yuki Yama Sushi

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Hopatcong, NJ
“Nice little sushi shop; now with a Korean menu”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My area is blessed with multiple high-quality sushi restaurants, and Yuki Yama is one of the good ones. The fish is always fresh and the prices are on par with other restaurants of the same quality. The place has a small, but tidy and comfortable, seating area, and the staff is friendly.

They recently added a Korean menu in addition to the standard sushi selections. I had a Korean pork dish on my last visit, and it was outstanding. I suspect that Yuki Yama, like many east coast sushi restaurants, is Korean-owned, so it makes sense for them to offer the food they know and love.

Highly recommended!

Visited October 2012

Stanhope, New Jersey
“Please give them a try!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Their Sushi is REALLY fresh and the service is wonderful. Good prices too. My new favorite Sushi place, I implore you to try them and see what I mean.

Visited February 2012
Carteret, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish, best of two worlds.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I'm picky with my food, well my Japanese food. Having gone several places calling themselves Japanese, I am glad to have tried this one out. Just opened so figured I'd not only give them the 5 stars they deserve, but the Yelp page they need to get more word of their food out. It is more like Japanese/Korean, so there are plenty of Korean options as well. I had their seafood soba which was delicious, but someone in our party had the Korean Hae Do Bap which they liked and both being seafood, were fresh. Funny thing is that to me the most exciting part, not to their mistake, is the ginger dressing that comes with the salad. Being Korean/Japanese, they bring out some small dishes at first, including the salad. Whenever I go to Japanese restaurants I look forward for the ginger dressing and this one rocked. I could get full off these small dishes, or as Koreans would call it, Banchan (sorry for the wrong phonetic spelling). Well I did get full but being a foody, ate some of the soba and only relished eating the Hae Do Bap, which looked so good. Then came the part I came for, the sushi. They offer a large, very large, assortment of rolls, but we went with the 2-3 family boat. It had about 4 types of rolls and then some sashimi. As its name points out, it comes out served on a lovely wooden boat. From the food, to the decor, to even small idiosyncratic points of interests in the whole presentation made this a memorable experience. I look at the small things so even the beautifully elegant doilies caught my eye and again kudos to the decor that yells Japanese, but contemporary nonetheless. Next time I'd probably give the Korean dishes a try and make more room for dessert.

• Visited December 2011