“This restaurant closed about a year ago.”
Review of My Cuban Rose - CLOSED

Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 22 East
Springfield, New Jersey
“This restaurant closed about a year ago.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I can't really review it - but it should be removed from the listings. It is now Don Alex, which I believe is some kind of chain chicken restaurant.

Visited January 2012

Elizabeth, New Jersey
“Overpriced and poor quality”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went to this restaurant with my wife and a friend who was dying for Cuban style food. We went on a Friday night and the place was dead for a friday night anyway. We were greeted by the only waiter in the place, who didn't speak English or Spanish clearly (I speak both). I ordered a Galician soup as a starter which was very tasty. That was however the highlight of my meal. As entrees we ordered the picadillo, pernil, and my wife had the churrasco (which was very overpriced for the quality/taste of the meat). I am of Cuban heritage and have to say that the food was just ok, some of our dishes were under salted or not salted at all. I have been to better restaurants in the city and had a much better meal for the same price. Spent over $110 for 3 people (that's with no alcohol, it's byob) I wont be returning to this place, the decor was nice but I was more interested in a better food experience.

• Visited January 2012
New Jersey
“Good salad!”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Loved the salad! Nice place, warm and comfortable. Nice spot for a lunch or dinner.

2 Thank reilly626