The Kenilworth Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
Priceline
$139
GardenInn.com
$101
Homewood
$102
Best Western Westfield Inn(Westfield)(Great Value!)
$188
$144
Hampton Inn Linden(Linden)(Great Value!)
$150
$64
  • Room Service
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
$70
All reviewsno elevatorfront deskthe garden state parkwaycontinental breakfastnew jerseyfamily eventtrain stationthe shuttle drivercomfortable bedsfridge and microwavefirst flooreasy accessconvenient locationbagelslate checkbusiness tripfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I was skeptical to stay at this hotel after reading the negative reviews but after experiencing it myself (I was in town for the Kean University Convention) I must say the staff have outstanding customer service, the rooms were exceptionally clean. When I checked in I needed extra pillows, I called the front desk and the front office manager, Lynne, was very courteous & prompt. It was a late check-in and I didn't have dinner yet (mostly all the restaurants were closed) she contacted a local dining place and I had dinner delivered. I had some trouble connecting to the free wi-fi and she troubleshoot the issue and it was working in a flash. She was amazing!! I will definitely come back again!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessMan247
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Nice room and frount desk very helpfull
Edeline Chouloute help me a lot finding good places to eat in the area and help me get the room i wanted.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I stay at the Kenilworth Inn frequently as a result of my Job. I have stayed at other hotels but felt like I was an uninvited guest! From the first day on I was treated like family here! Everyone has been overly accomidating, although I almost always deal with Lynn(Edeline) who treats me like royalty. From my first stay she always remebered my name, what room I like and goes out of her way to see that every stay is better than the next. When I walk in it is like coming home, that is a very comforting feeling when you are 80 miles away from your own home. I use to hate staying in a hotel now I can't wait every week to see Lynn ! The rooms are always clean and smell fresh, the location is right off the parkway making everything accessible in minutes.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ld20
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We had a very stressful business meeting in nearby Newark and stayed at the Kenilworth Inn for 10 days. This hotel was an excellent choice for us to relax and de-stress in the evening. The staff was superb. Anthony Longano, the manager, gave us quick and easy directions to NYC; when the printer for the PC in the lobby was not working, Nicole got permission for us to use the personal computer of the manager; Edeline quickly got necessary repairs made to an electrical outlet in the room and provided an additional blanket; Isabel, who handled the continental breakfast, did a superb job. We felt we were in good hands and could go to the staff for any help

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HappySeUsa
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stay here frequently when I have to work late and then get into the office early in the morning. I check in late at night and Lynn gets me in and out in about 30 seconds. I ask for the second floor because it is usually nice and quiet (and I don't mind walking up the stairs - no elevator). The beds are comfortable and if there is anything not working (rarely) they get someone there immediately to fix it. All rooms have a frig and you can request a microwave oven. Once in a while they upgrade me to the suite if no one is using it. Breakfast in the morning is very good with lots of variety and Isabelle makes sure everything is kept refreshed. I use their small fitness center to work out in the morning. It has all new machines and a TV. All in all, a very good place to stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business