“A rapidy decaying hotel that needs major over-haul & was at one time a excellent place to stay.”

The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenilworth
Philadelphia,Pa
Reviewed February 9, 2010

This hotel is virtually falling apart. Apparently under new ownership/management, it leaves alot to be desired. Besides being greatly overpriced,the rooms are old,dingy,and most things are in poor workig condition. Major money needs to be spent to bring this place back to where it was years ago.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Management08031, Manager at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
We thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. Your reviews and information that you provide is extremely useful to us in already enhancing our guest experience. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. Our hotel is currently the best price and value in the area and we have maintained this position for many years - as is evidenced by our Trip Advisor Rating. We personally invite you back so you can experience us again and we guarantee that you will leave fully satisfied - call us personally to book your reservation and we will make it a special one.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New York
Reviewed February 4, 2010

My husband travels for his work and this is the second time we've been in this area and stayed at the Kenilworth Inn. When he told me that we'd be back in the Rochelle/Newark area, I went on line immediately and booked our room at the Kenilworth Inn. It is wonderfully located with easy on/off access to the NJ Garden State Parkway. The Inn is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. When we first checked in on this visit, our room was on the second floor and we perfer the first floor. The Front Desk Manager was a women named Edeline Chouloute but is referred to as Lynn. SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!! She found us a room on the first floor, got us extra pillows and was very accommodating and exceptionally friendly. I called her every night to ask for a wake up call, but really just wanted to say hi!! She has a calm, soothing and friendly voice. The rooms are very clean and the beds are like sleeping on clouds!! My husband uses his truck for work, therefore, I have no means of transportation. Everything is within walking distance. The A&P grocery store, resturants, small shops, laundrymat, etc. One issue I had was the fact that my husband doesn't get done work until 3:30 and check out time is 11-12. Again LYNN to the rescue!! She allowed me to stay in the room until 2pm!!! Most places have me check out and I wait in the lobby until my husband arrives. This was very nice of her and I truly appreciate it!!! I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND STAYING HERE!!! I am looking forward to coming back, hopefully in the near future. I can't wait for warm weather so that I can access the outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chatty071014895
Connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2010

If your business is in the Newark metropolitan area there is no need to limit your choices to those in and around Newark Airport. The location, pricing and service makes it an ideal choice and a great value.

While the accommodations are just typical of most hotels, the staff is what kicks it above typical.

Union
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I found the hotel's staff to be extremly gracious and very accomodating and hospitable. They go out of their way to make your stay as close to home as possible. Rooms are always clean and temputure just right. Food is very good, noise level is at a very minumum. Location and price are always a factor, but this hotel has both. Would defintly stay there again and will always recommend to others.

1 Thank ml0307
Syracuse, N.Y.
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I travel frequently with my career and I always stay at the Kenilworth Inn when I am in the vicinity of this hotel. I truly appreciate the kindness and warmth of the entire staff of this hotel. Every person from Isabel who serves breakfast to the ladies who clean the rooms are nice and accomodating. Especially excellent are Joe Golden, the manager and Edeline Chouloute, the front desk manager , who always make me feel that no request is too great and who truly go out of their way to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. I rate this hotel, both in its operation and in the effort that the staff puts forth,as one of the truly better hotels in the Country. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who appreciates kindness, efficiency and comfort.

1 Thank billoman
philadelphia
Reviewed January 27, 2010

have been comming here for over 10 years now love the people here anthony joe lynn sharon i am a sales rep clothing am here at least 4 times a year and wouldnt go any other place its convinient for my customers the rooms are a great size for my business working with my customers i like the location i like a bar and resturant at the hotels i stay as i park and dont move

1 Thank jacksrack
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The Kenilworth Inn is always a pleasant place to come back to. As a sales rep in apparel we set up our sample lines in our generously sized rooms and our retailers come to work us here. It is a convenient location for those that we need to see with good access to all major roadways. Also, ample parking is always available. The staff at the hotel is always helpful and happy from front desk to housekeeping.
I will definately come back again for the next trip.

1 Thank GGREP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit
Holiday Inn Clark - Newark
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to The Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!