“Pleasantly surprised”

The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stay in this area often for business and would not stay anywhere else! I must admit I was a bit reluctant my first stay after reading some of the negative reviews but I am so glad I took a chance, and I have been staying here at least twice a month for years! It is like coming home, I can't wait to see my friends Lynne and Nicole at the desk, who are more than accomidating to my every need. They are renovating now so it will just get better as time goes on. My only problem is I spend about a half hour upon arrival chatting with the friendly staff, they make me feel welcome and important, but I am always late for my meetings! Just last week I was pleasantly surprised to find a new flat screen t.v. in the room. Now I look forward to seeing the upgrades being done every time I stay. There is no place like home but if you have to travel, the Kenilworth Inn is the next best thing. My personal thanks to Lynne and Nicole and also Anthony the manager who always has a smile and a nice word, you guys are the best, to me that means more than the carpet or wallpaper!! See you next week!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ld20

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hotel pool was closed (half empty and dirty) and it was august so surely it should be open during this summer month.
The 'fitness center' was also dire. It was an old smoky room with 3 machines, 2 of which were faulty and the final one was really old fashioned and also barely worked.
The fire alarm was going off for 25 minutes throughout the evening, which was very annoying.
The wireless intenet did not work in my room.
Room was clean and of a good size. Airport shuttle is a good facility.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sonali M, Owner at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

We’re very sorry our swimming pool was closed during your stay in August but we had an unexpected electrical problem that caused us to close the pool for a few weeks. Our fitness room is scheduled to be renovated and the machines fixed/changed. Also, as of August 2012 the hotel is now “Smoke Free”. We hope you give us a second chance to do a better job of making your next stay a much more Comfortable and Enjoyable Experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

When visiting North Jersey, we always stay at the Kenilwoth Inn. As opposed to the more glitzy, cold, larger chain hotels, we find the Kenilworth Inn charming and homey. More often than not, we are greeted by smiling faces, (Lynne, Sharon, et al) welcoming us back. The hotel's manager, Anthony Longano is terrific. He seems to have boundless energy and uses it to ensure we (and other guests) are having a wonderful stay, satisfied with the conditions of our room, making sure we are in need of nothing. Can't say I've ever stayed at another hotel where I actually know who the manager is. Everyone is most accomodating at the Kenilworth Inn. And that keeps us coming back. The hotel is very convenient to everything, especially Newark Airport. I find it cleaned well and cared for...to me more important than modernized. All the modern conveniences are available in any case.

When we had to evacuate South Jersey last year due to the approaching hurricane, we called the Kenilworth Inn. They again accomodated us on short notice. The hotel lost electricity for many hours as a result of the storm. Once again, the manager, Mr. Longano, did a great job under extreme conditions. He made sure we had light, food,and coffee! He kept us updated as to where and what was open and passable so as to facilitate our return home. He was doing the same for the remaining guests as well.

All in all, a great team, team leader, and hotel. I recommend this hotel to people looking for a good, reasonably priced, comfortable, and accomodating place to stay in North Jersey. Veedy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank veedy
Reviewed September 5, 2012

They were very friendly and we felt welcome. Things that didn't work or were broken (e.g. lights) were fixed immediately. We changed room once which was no problem at all. Room looked a bit run down, but renovations are still going on. So, one can see that something is being done. What's important is that the rooms are cleaned properly.There is a fridge and a coffee maker in each room. Complimentary breakfast is sufficient and good. Especially Lynne, at the reception desk, and her team are very friendly and helpful.
An affordable place located very conveniently with shops and restaurants in walking distance.
We will definitely stay there again whenever we will be in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Silvia Z
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I have been staying at KenilworthinnKenilworth for vacations for the past 3 years and will continue to do so. It's great in terms of location, there are several restaurants in the area, there is a grocery store/supermarket just across, they have a shuttle bus from the Newark Airport,they have a swimming pool, they have pleasant staff and the elderly lady at the breakfast room is so nice and will go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: The middle floor is the best because it has better sound proofing than the top floor and a room near...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I came for a week. I ended up spending 3 months and going. Since the new owner took over, they started paying attention to their guests. Reception associates are very courteous to guests. I changed to several rooms, no question asked. Breakfeask is always on time and replenished. They change bed sheets and vacuum every day. They even bring items like tooth paste and toilets tisue to your room. Very close to everything New York city, The shores...etc. If you're looking for a cozy place with fabulous customer service. this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank HASS783
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have been going to the Kenilworth Inn for about 4 years, and as always was treated like family. Since I grew up in the area I remember when it was built.( 60's-70's not sure) It was a popular place for weddings, etc. It is somewhat outdated but still has some elegance. They are now in the process of renovations, and now offer a shuttle service to trains and airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful - Lynne, Renee, and others( I didn't get their names) - But everyone was very friendly - right down to the maintenance staff. Any issues I had were dealt with immediately. A continental breakfast was offered daily and the lady who prepared the breakfast area was very friently to everyone. there was alway a coffepot going in the reception area. Computers available also. Best of all the price was affordable,swimming pool, plenty of restaurants within walking distance, A&P supermarket right next door. Close to NYC and Garden State Parkway. I definitely will stay there again. Bottom line - everyone was very friendly and accommodating to my needs,

Room Tip: There are no elevators (OK with me I wouldn't go in one wherever it is) Just a short flight of s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pat E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Homewood Suites Newark-Cranford
Holiday Inn Clark - Newark
Grand Summit Hotel
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit
Holiday Inn Newark Airport

Been to The Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!