DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$183
$165
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$149
$125
Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$196
$170
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness center
Ramada Jersey City(Jersey City)
$136
$199
Travelocity
$153
1,506 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treefront deskpath trainnew yorkcorner suiteshuttle servicelight railgrocery storefree shuttleminute walkinto nycupon checksofa bedtwo blocksself parkingroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Just got back from a trip to see the Statue of Liberty and stayed at this hotel and have no complaints. They gave you yummy cookies upon check-in which were still warm. It is close to the Liberty Park ferry station going to Liberty and Ellis Island and next to the Newport Centre Mall where you would have lots of food choices.

Would recommend it, the fridge and microwave came in handy as well. Would stay in this hotel again next time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Totally UNACCEPTABLE for ANY hotel to be charging for internet in this day and age. Most hotels now have free internet, and to charge $12.95 per day is just a slap in the customer's face. When you're already charging $200/night for the room, and claim you are a "full service" hotel, then this should be included in the room rate! Parking charges here are also ridiculous. They have their own lot (outside moreover) and yet are charging $20 a day to park. Ridiculous. I will not stay here in the future. For other guests' information, if you complain about the internet charge, they will reduce it to a lower rate and give you free breakfast coupons.

Does Congress need to pass a law to make internet, parking, and continental breakfast free at these rip-off hotels? Come on people, we are dealing with travelers here, away from home. Are we supposed to be nickled and dimed to death in this country? Hyatt Place, Marriott Residence, Embassy Suites... ALL have FREE INTERNET, FREE PARKING, FREE BREAKFAST. GET A CLUE DOUBLETREE!!! Another note: the housekeeper informed me that they do not wash the duvets between guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jm80002
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, for a long weekend in NYC, it was close to public transportation, Thursday night we wandered downstairs to the hotel bar, ordered a draught beer and a rum and coke, $9 for the rum and coke and $6 for the 12 oz. beer, total bill $16.02 for TWO drinks! Decided to explore the neighborhood to see if there was another place to relax, thank goodness there was a Chili's right down the street, Saturday night the hotel restaurant was only serving Pizza, it was my birthday and I wanted a nice dinner, so again we went to Chili's. No pool, construction next door so it was hard to walk on the street. Plus $23 a day to park your car, wish they told me that before I booked the trip. But if you want a place close to the city this is the place to stay. Free Wi-Fi only in lobby, which was disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Blita, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

On behalf of the Doubletree team...happy belated birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your special day and weekend! Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We always look for opportunities to exceed expectations!

I hope in the future your travels will bring you back to Jersey City - it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly Barbara.Lita@hilton.com

Best regards,

Barbara

Reviewed May 19, 2010

I usually stay in Jersey City when I go to the NY/NJ area for business. The best part is the easy access to the city via PATH and reasonable hotel rates (around $200-250). When I stay in Jersey City I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard. Seems they usually have better rates and are literally next to the Newport/Pavonia PATH station. I am a Hilton Gold member and decided to try the Doubletree this time around. It's a couple blocks form the PATH station and there is construction right next door on a new condo building. Friendly staff. Upgraded me to the Penhouse Level in a corner king with an excellent view of the city. I also popped in the bar for some late night beers. Friendly bartender! Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

have stay at the doubletree awhile back but have been staying mostly at the weston. rooms were very clean, and service was very good.. would stay at the doubletree again without giving it a second thought... I didn't have a vehicle, so the parking issue was no problem for me....
I travel to hoboken so I could take the light rail which is just around the corner, or sometimes I walk<there is a walkway along the hudson river which is really nice>>>see you in a couple of months doubletree jersey city...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Blita, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Hello Rodger,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months. Please feel free to contact me barbara.lita@hilton.com can I be of any assistance.

Best wishes,