“Over priced drinks”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, for a long weekend in NYC, it was close to public transportation, Thursday night we wandered downstairs to the hotel bar, ordered a draught beer and a rum and coke, $9 for the rum and coke and $6 for the 12 oz. beer, total bill $16.02 for TWO drinks! Decided to explore the neighborhood to see if there was another place to relax, thank goodness there was a Chili's right down the street, Saturday night the hotel restaurant was only serving Pizza, it was my birthday and I wanted a nice dinner, so again we went to Chili's. No pool, construction next door so it was hard to walk on the street. Plus $23 a day to park your car, wish they told me that before I booked the trip. But if you want a place close to the city this is the place to stay. Free Wi-Fi only in lobby, which was disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Blita, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

On behalf of the Doubletree team...happy belated birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your special day and weekend! Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We always look for opportunities to exceed expectations!

I hope in the future your travels will bring you back to Jersey City - it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly Barbara.Lita@hilton.com

Best regards,

Barbara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed May 19, 2010

I usually stay in Jersey City when I go to the NY/NJ area for business. The best part is the easy access to the city via PATH and reasonable hotel rates (around $200-250). When I stay in Jersey City I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard. Seems they usually have better rates and are literally next to the Newport/Pavonia PATH station. I am a Hilton Gold member and decided to try the Doubletree this time around. It's a couple blocks form the PATH station and there is construction right next door on a new condo building. Friendly staff. Upgraded me to the Penhouse Level in a corner king with an excellent view of the city. I also popped in the bar for some late night beers. Friendly bartender! Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

have stay at the doubletree awhile back but have been staying mostly at the weston. rooms were very clean, and service was very good.. would stay at the doubletree again without giving it a second thought... I didn't have a vehicle, so the parking issue was no problem for me....
I travel to hoboken so I could take the light rail which is just around the corner, or sometimes I walk<there is a walkway along the hudson river which is really nice>>>see you in a couple of months doubletree jersey city...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Blita, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Hello Rodger,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months. Please feel free to contact me barbara.lita@hilton.com can I be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Comfortable hotel with descent size rooms. Mostly quiet location but if your room is close to the rail line you may get disturbed. Centrally located and has good variety of restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2010

The JC Doubletree was very comfortable, room was spacious, and bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again. It's across from the mall, supermarket, and a few restaurants, and the PATH to NYC. Conveniently located. Also, the hotel has a free shuttle, which was a nice touch. Overall, highly recommended and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Blita, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

Good morning Loustyle, I wanted to personally thank you for you TripAdvisor review of our hotel! I wanted to share with you in the next few months we will be offering, to the guests of the hotel, complimentary services within our business center. Please feel free to contact me directly barbara.lita@hilton.com the next time you are in Jersey City! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Jersey City!

Reviewed May 1, 2010

This hotel was the best we stayed at for sleep quality in our month long (volcano assisted) vacation in the US. The beds are divine. So comfortable and supportive. And the quality of the towels in the bathroom was top notch. Fantastic.

We got a great AAA rate by booking very early on ($132), it had increased significantly by the time we stayed there.
Felix at the front desk is charming, funny and helpful. In fact, this was probably the best front desk team we came across.

Disappointed that free wifi was only in the lobby. Breakfast was nice, not fantastic, and the first morning we stayed there, the lady seemed to be serving the whole room by herself. Better for other mornings.

The hotel shuttle is handy if it is cold on the way to the PATH station. This is very walkable, but we had some cold and windy weather during our stay.
It gets tiring using the PATH to get into NYC, but I think this would be the same wherever you were staying in Manhattan, lots of Metro, lots of walking.

Top tip - the PATH and NY Metro lines do not coincide at the same address, even though it sounds as though they do. Do your homework before you find yourself walking extra blocks. Definitely pick up a PATH map and Metro map - the PATH stations are incredibly hard to find sometimes in Manhattan!

We were booked for 4 nights but were exhausted with the city and checked out after 3. Not a slight on the hotel, it was fab, just too tired by the city and travelling.

We had a corner suite and it was a great size.

Top travel tip: if you enter Jersey City on the Pulaski skyway (quite an experience) be sure to watch that there is a quick left after the right turn you take just before the tunnels. We missed it and had to go around the block in very busy traffic!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Greetings from the Doubletree Jersey City!
I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us on TripAdvisor! We hope you had safe travels back home to Europe. I am sure that you are happy to be home after being away for a month. Thank you for making us your home away from home! I have shared your feedback with our management team and Felix.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and your busy NYC schedule. We look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again the next time you are in the States!

Reviewed April 18, 2010

I got a room for 1 night through Priceline. The hotel is located next to the Westin, a few blocks from the Newport/Pavonia PATH train. There is construction next door, so if you're walking from the PATH station, it's best to walk on the sidewalk across the street from the hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly. He gave us the yummy Doubletree chocolate chip cookies. I wanted a room away from the construction (got the heads up thanks to another tripadvisor reviewer). Unfortunately, my husband and I got stuck with 2 double beds instead of a queen or king...I think the hotel was a little busy because of flight delays and we didn't check in until 7pm. I had called ahead 1-2 days before our arrival to request a king-sized bed away from construction. They said they would do the best they could, but I think that they don't really give priority to Priceline room requests. The room was actually pretty big and there was a separate area with a couch and desk. The beds were comfortable. We got a wake-up call on time. There is a small gym on the first floor. We took a peek into the room, but didn't use it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
W Hoboken
W Hoboken
#1 of 2 in Hoboken

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City? Share your experiences!