We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, for a long weekend in NYC, it was close to public transportation, Thursday night we wandered downstairs to the hotel bar, ordered a draught beer and a rum and coke, $9 for the rum and coke and $6 for the 12 oz. beer, total bill $16.02 for TWO drinks! Decided to explore the neighborhood to see if there was another place to relax, thank goodness there was a Chili's right down the street, Saturday night the hotel restaurant was only serving Pizza, it was my birthday and I wanted a nice dinner, so again we went to Chili's. No pool, construction next door so it was hard to walk on the street. Plus $23 a day to park your car, wish they told me that before I booked the trip. But if you want a place close to the city this is the place to stay. Free Wi-Fi only in lobby, which was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City