If you are looking to save a bit of money on a trip to NY City there really is no better place to do it than this hotel.
Located in Jersey City's Newport section, which is very safe and well lit and actually quite nice despite Jersey City's reputation, the hotel is a 5-7 minute walk from the PATH train that connects you straight to two lines directly into either Midtown or the Financial District at the World Trade Center. It is also right next to the Light Rail which will take you further into New Jersey.
Hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Not a 5-star hotel by any means, but perfect for a home base when visiting the city if you don't mind a quick train ride in and out. It also has a neighboring garage where you can park your car.
Plus, you pretty much have to take out a second mortgage to stay at a decent hotel in Midtown these days, so this hotel is a very nice respite on your wallet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City