“Good hotel not far from NYC”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for a night before heading to to a hotel in times square. The good thing about this hotel is that is not very far from PATH train station and we managed to travel here all the way from JFK using the trains. We were welcomed with a warm double tree cookie which was nice considering how cold Jersey City was. Our room was the junior suite which was massive, although the rooms were old it was a comfortable room. Overall even though we stayed here for a day I would recommend this hotel as it is close to NYV via path and it is also value for money considering what we paid for our hotel in times square during new years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdnanMir
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear AdnanMir,
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jersey City and for the time taken to give us your valued feedback.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your room and found our hotel to be comfortable, good value and a good location. Most heartening was your warm welcome. More than anything, this is the hospitality and it is this warmth that makes us stand out.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in our area again.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed for one night and the thing that most impressed me was the staff, in particular Felix on reception (as a previous reviewer has mentioned). I arrived freezing cold having walked through the snow to get to the hotel, and Felix was so welcoming it cheered me up immediately. The room was fine for a business stay although I did have to pay for wifi access.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Picnmix13,
Thank you for your recent business and your valued feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our service, especially Felix. He takes great pleasure in being hospitable and friendly and I am happy that you saw this also. It was nice to see that you enjoyed our rooms also. I understand your comment on WIFI and while we do charge, our prices are competitive with our comp set.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

What a wonderful staff! Everyone was incredibly friendly, especially Felix! He was warm, welcoming and extremely personable! We ordered extra towels and they were there upon our arrival! The room was clean and the hotel was well maintained. We could not have been happier with our stay and are grateful to everyone that made that happen.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kristina C,

Thank you for staying with us recently. We know you have choices and are happy that you chose us.
I was happy to see that you enjoyed our well maintained rooms and that when you ordered extra towels that they were ready and waiting for your arrival. It was particilarly nice to see Felix mentioned. He has great passion for hospitality and truly enjoys what he does. I am thrilled that you saw this too.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was traveling with a colleague, he chose this hotel; it worked out fine. The Double Tree is just across the river from NYC, and while I did not take advantage of the location during this visit (January, cold and windy) I think it would be delightful in good weather. Parking is by valet (I presume you can self-park, we did not try) and I also presume that it should be fairly easy to access Manhattan if you chose to do so, by PATH train. Ask at the front desk.

I ate in their restaurant, it was OK but nothing special (Lemon Chicken soup seemed to me to be a very good chicken soup with a slice of lemon on the side). Breakfast was a bowl of raisen bran.

My room was comfortable and spacious and had it been daylight, I'd have had a good view of lower Manhattan.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chassinupstate New York,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your valued feedback.
It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms and great location. I am sorry that your stay was so short that you did not get to see the Manhattan views. Trust me the view is spectacular.
I am sorry that dinner was not 100%. I have reviewed your comment with our chef. Our breakfast buffet has a full selection of hot and cold items, including raisin bran and I hope that next time you will have more time to enjoy these services.
Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

very good hotel, stayed in sept 2011.
it didn't take that long to get here from Newark airport, rooms were fabulous and the bed was soooo comfy!coffee maker and fridge in the room which was good as we could go to the large supermarket which is right behind the hotel and buy things to make sandwiches to come home to and for chilling our drinks.
really close to the PATH station which we used everyday to go to and from Manhattan and also quite close to the water bus pickup which was a nice experience to go over the river into NYC. very good shopping centre nearby which is where we bought most of our things from as by buying in jersey you dont have to pay the city tax of NYC so considerably cheaper.
there are a few cafes and bars nearby also in particular the sports bar opposite the PATH station which did great food.
the only reason i'm not giving the hotel 5/5 is because even though the majority of the staff were so pleasant and helpful i found some members a bit rude, maybe we just caught them on an off day

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Miniadventurer,
Thank you for your business and for giving us your recent feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our large rooms, comfortable bed and great location. While it was nice to see that you found most of our staff friendly and hospitable, I was unhappy to see that this was not the case for everyone and have reviewed this with my executive team so that other guests do not have this experience. While we normally get great reviews on our staff we are sorry that your experience was not 100%.

We know that you have options and are truly thankful that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
John Sheedy

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We travel to New York a lot, mostly by train and sometimes by air. Sometimes, we are burdened with driving. I dislike driving in the city and I try hard to avoid exorbitant rates for overnight parking found at the hotels in Manhattan. This time, we tried lodging in Jersey City, directly across the Hudson River from Manhattan, so as to avoid midtown driving and parking. The Doubletree Jersey City is conveniently located two blocks (an easy walk) from the Newport PATH station. The oddest aspect of this hotel is the parking garage; it must have been designed by someone who knows nothing about parking garages. It is full of misplaced pillars and is very poorly marked. Pleasant check in at the front desk but we were assigned to an accessible room without prior request or warning. However, the room was quite large and quite clean. Nothing special, though, about this hotel, other than its convenience to the PATH and its easy accessibility to Manhattan. Once on the PATH train, you are in Manhattan in a matter of minutes and can easily connect to the subway. Very nice. I'd consider this hotel again for its convenience, but might prefer the Westin about a block away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Jay S,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us recently. It gives us great pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the convenience, good check in and our large and clean rooms. My apologies that your parking experience was not 100%. We have reviewed the signage and will be adding to it to help with directions. That said, having a secure, covered car park is a plus, espcecially given our winters in the North East.
We know you have choices and are delighted that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Jersey City so you will see your concerns were addressed.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and also an employee at Hilton Garden Inn, As soon as I arrived they had people there to help you with your bags and valet as a choice to park your car. Upon check in both staff members were very friendly and helpful, Mr. Gonzalez was a big help to my situation and I couldnt have asked for a better stay. Upon check out the gentleman at the front desk was also very pleasnt. I would recommend this place to anyone and will definetly be coming back to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Karissa D,

Thank you for staying with us recently. As a fellow hospitality professional, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.
That you were so well taken care of by our staff at valet and the front desk is testament to their helpfulness and willingness to serve.
We are delighted that you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jersey City
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City
W Hoboken
W Hoboken
#1 of 2 in Hoboken

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City? Share your experiences!