“Would definately go back...!! Recommened 100%!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed here for 4 nights from the 1st-5th July....Check in staff were very helpful and we all loved the hot cookie we were given! We were on the penthouse level so we had really nice views of the new york skyline....The room was very clean and very spacious..The hotel was very convenient for the PATH underground which took you straight into the heart of New York as it was about a 5 minute walk away...It was also convenient for the supermarket which was right next door...The area the hotel was in was really nice and you didn't really feel as if you couldn't walk around at night on your own...Walking along beside the water is definately a must while you are here as the views of New York are amazing!
Overall we would definately recommend this for anyone who is visting New York city but doesn't want to stay in the hustle and bustle of the city..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mona39

Reviewed July 27, 2008

We were impressed with location and ease of parking, although there was an extra charge for that. Our room was clean and well-furnished. The halls were a bit tired, but I liked the fact that you had to use your hotel keycard to make the elevators move. That gave a nice sense of security in an urban environment .....although the location is perfectly fine. We walked a few blocks to a fabulous seafood restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank OnOurWay038
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in June. I had a little trouble with check-in, but it was resolved quickly. I reserved a room with two beds, and the room that was available only had one king. There was a little resistance to giving me the proper room, and it was suggested that one of us could just sleep on the pullout sofa! For $330/night I thought that was a pretty laughable suggestion.

The room was clean and spacious. No problems there.

As always, I find it totally ridiculous that the pricier hotels still charge for internet access. $10/night. I see this everywhere I go, and it never ceases to amaze me that for $89/night Hampton Inn or Super 8 or Quality Inn can include internet access, but Doubletree or Hilton or Marriott or Hyatt charge extra for it. It's pretty lame.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank eemsdad
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I stayed here on business for three nights in May 2008. The hotel has a great location in Jersey City just a short walk from the Subway to Manhattan and close to the businesses on Washington Ave.

My room had that awful stale aftershave and cigarette smell. I asked if it was non smoking; they said yes, but I could see the odd cigarette burn here and there. The room was large with a separate seating area but the furniture was shabby. They also charge for internet access in the room, which I think is tacky for a business traveler's hotel.

All this and it cost $350 a night. So although there were no terrible problems with the place I was not impressed. I agree with other travelers that if you manage to get a good deal, this is a good spot for easy access to Manhattan.

I you get in late, there is ok bar food downstairs, but you need to order before 10.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We used our Honors points and stayed one night prior to going into the city for the remainder of our trip. Location is key here, if you are arriving I-78 east, basically the last exit before entering the Holland Tunnel. The area where the hotel is located is clean and has fairly new retail, plus a shopping mall within walking distance. The PATH train is a few blocks away. The suites are of good size, although they do not have an actual door between the living area and bedroom area. Our room was a corner suite with a grand city view. Staff was absolutely falling over the guests, VERY accommodating! We would return to this hotel and not bother going over to the city for further accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We just returned from our NYC trip. We stayed here at the Doubletree and commuted to the city using the PATH. It was a great experience. We took our young daughters for their first NYC trip (ages 8, 8, and 10) and we were looking to stay in a place that would be convienent to the city as well as affordable. We found this here.

The hotel does offer a shuttle to the PATH but only M-F until 10:00pm. If you aren't trying to get there or back between these hours the walk isn't too bad. We felt very safe even with 3 young kids and we didn't arrive back to the hotel on 2 nights until 2am.

The staff is very friendly and accomodating. They were very willing to give directions or advice on things to do close by. The rooms were great plenty of space for all 6 of us. They are equiped with coffee maker, microwave, and fridge, which is useful for eating breakfast in the room since the restaurant at the hotel is pretty pricey. Theres a grocery store next door and thats your best bet for breakfast .

We had a great time, loved the city and the hotel in Jersey. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ashley3h
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My friend and I stay here every year when we attend the NY auto show. It's much easier to stay here and take a PATH train to the city and walk a few blocks.

We paid something like $215/night after taxes and had free internet thanks to my friend's HH account. The PATH (train/subway) station is about 3 blocks away and provides easy access to many parts of NYC. Only complaint is that there's no fridge. But there is a coffee maker and soda machines down the hall.

We each had rooms on the Penthouse floor overlooking NYC. They said it was the best view in the hotel and they were right. It was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business