My wife and four adult daughters were looking for a place to stay in New York for my daughter's birthday. Problem is, nobody in NYC has rooms for five for less than a month's salary. I found this hotel across the river for a reasonable price, and hoped it was as nice as the pics show. My son-in-law was concerned that his wife might not be safe.
I am glad to say they loved the hotel, and that it was quite safe. The room was very clean and comfortable, and had they wanted to stay in the area there were plenty of restaurants and shops. They walked the 2+ blocks to the PATH, and were in NYC in 15 minutes. They felt very safe (see pic of walkway to the PATH), even at night.
They wanted to give an extra plug for Felix, one of the clerks who made them feel very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City