My partner and I booked this room pre-Sandy, about 4 months ago, thinking that it would be easy to access NYC as the city never sleeps... I would like to begin by saying that the hotel was perfect. We were checked in early, which was perfect after 14 hours of travel. Felix was awesome! He went over and above to help us whilst we visited the states. The public areas of the hotel were lovely, free Internet in the lobby, and a nice looking bar and restaurant (although we did not actually eat there). The rooms were huge! 2 TVs, a fridge and a microwave, a free safe and a 6 foot wide bed! (We were room 216). No views, but we only used the room as a base anyway. The area of jersey city was great too, there was a big store about 5 minutes away selling anything you need, a mall 2 minutes away, and a 5 minute walk to the PATH station. Public transport from Newark airport was EASY, it took about 1 hour and cost about £9 per person. But... Due to hurricane sandy, there have been some serious disruptions to the PATH. It only ran 6am-10pm, and over the weekend, the PATH to 33rd street wasn't operating. This meant that all weekend we had to get to Times Square via the World Trade Centre, which was really out of the way. We stayed in manhattan past 10pm once, and it cost $60 before gratuity to return to the hotel in a taxi. I would stay here again if the PATH is fully operational, but as it stands, for a weekend break, it would be much better to pay extra to stay in central manhattan for a NYC visit, especially for a short break when time is a premium, than having to make a decision to either get back to the hotel early or pay $70 to get a taxi. If visiting New Jersey though, you could not go far wrong with this hotel. Whilst hurricane sandy mildly put us out during our trip, I could not imagine the trouble that the residents of New Jersey and NYC experienced. I wish all of those affected all the best in getting back on their feet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City