“Beautiful view, best access to NYC, clean, nice staff, and Warm cookies! I loved this hotel!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I booked this room for my husband's 37th birthday. We were greeted by a warm staff and a warm cookie. Everyone from the valet to the desk clerk was super friendly. The room was beautiful and the view breath taking. It was quiet and inviting and made our vacation special! To say more the PATH station is literally 1 block across the street which the train takes I directly into Mahattan for $2.00!! Best way to avoid the traffic and the holland tunnel fees!! We partied in the village and just had an overall great time! I would stay here again and again! I'm normally a Marriott girl but not anymore!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Cupcakemobley2
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thanks for the post and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

A few buddies and I stayed here to save money from the higher priced hotels in Manhattan. The location is wonderful and easily accessible to the PATH train.

In my opinion it was just as easy to get to times square from here as it is in lower manhattan.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative was the breakfast. It was very subpar compared to other Doubletree properties I've stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and do hope to have your return should your travels take you back our way!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

NYC is crazy busy & I am so glad we decided to stay on the Jersey side. A 15 minute PATH train ride (Less than $2) and you are right in the middle of NYC. But that same 15 min ride back to Jersey will have you walking down a sidewalk WITH NO ONE RUNNING INTO YOU. Jersey City was SO quiet & calm but with restaurants and shopping within walking distance to this hotel. We had a Jr Suite that was very spacious & clean! 2 TV's, couch & desk in 2 rooms that make you feel like you can escape from the kiddo & the cartoons. The people that work at this hotel make it what it is - Felix was as kind as old friend. I didn't get the names of all the people that helped with directions or telling us how to use the PATH (we are SOOO not NY'ers!) - everything we needed. Not to mention - they gave us warm cookies when we were checking in! I PROMISE you - stay in JC - after a long day in NYC - Jersey City & the Doubletree are a calm retreat!

Room Tip: The JR suite is 2 rooms, open to eachother with 2 double beds and a fold out couch. Great for small...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WannaBgypsy

Thanks so much for the review. Happy to hear that the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you return soon!!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very nice hotel, big and clean rooms, very good service (it is recommended to booked it via internet as this is the best way for really good price). Almost everyday my kids received warm/fresh cookies form the hotel reception. Thanks for this! :)) Hotel is located 3 minutes from the train station that quickly will take you to NY. If you want to have the breakfast outside of the hotel, on your wait to the train station there is a great place called "Cosi" with plenty of choices for a healthy breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for th post! Hope to see you return again soon......

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for one night. We traveled into NYC for two nights and and left our car at the Doubletree for three nights. It was a good value to park thke car here. The hotel was great, spacious rooms, clean and we loved the location. The staff were all very friendly! The Path to NYC is right down the road. I think next time we will stay here for our whole visit and travel into NYC on the Path. The only downside I could see is that there are not many restaurants within walking distance as far as I could tell.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thanks for your post and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hoep to see you again should your travels take you back our way!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My sister and I and 2 friends stayed at this hotel for 8 days!! Everything was fabulous, I have not even any complaints whatsoever. The employees were fabulous, the room was awesome, the breakfasts had everything you could want and then some!! We all want a healthy breakfast, the yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese, fruit, whole wheat bread, raisin bran cereal were fabulous, wonderful coffee , too. There was pastries, sausage, bacon, an egg dish, potatoes, bagels, muffins, crumpets, juice etc etc etc, ....what more could anyone want?? We had 2 TV's one in each room, 2 air conditioners, one in the bedroom and one in the living area with seperate controls, there was a door between the beds and the living area, also, 2 wonderful, fluffy comfortable beds, our view was of the Manhattan skyline, just gorgeous, especially at night!! - a fold out couch, a microwave, coffee machine, desk, 2 side tables, a large chair, coffee table, and quite roomy. I found the hotel very quiet at night, never heard a thing...ever!! The room was cleaned very nicely everyday. If you want a taxi- get the front desk- to get you one- they will steer you right!! The PATH train (ride for $1.50 with a 'smart card' - get a pamphlet- will help you to go where you want to) is very close, you can walk along the water front to get to it too, very pretty, it goes straight to Macys on 34th Street, or to the 911 site, from there you can take subway ($29 for unlimited use in a 7 day period) to where ever else you might want to go, or a taxi. There's a fabulous huge mall, right behind the hotel, (got Clarks shoes at J C Penneys for $30 and $50 a pair!!! wow!!) with lots and lots of places to eat for a reasonable price, a large grocery/ liquor store, across the back parking lot and some good restaraunts close by. Target is a few blocks down. There's even a little store right in the hotel, for essentials or snacks. We took a 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel to 'the cake boss' in Hoboken, what a blast and the desserts are divine, you gotta go there!! -- there's 'imposters' right across from there and we went and had 2 slices of pizza and a drink for less than $5!! I guess there's a place in Jersey City, that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, but I missed that one!! I just think this hotel is fabulous!!! I can't wait to go back again....O ya, did I mention the fabulous warm cookies...whenever you want one!!!! FABULOUS!!!!!! I hope I haven't forgotten anything, it really was so wonderful, restful, peaceful and friendly. There is 2 elevators, so even if the hotel is busy, you never have to wait long. There's a nice gym, but we didn't need it...walked for about 12 hours a day, doing tours and such, that nice soft bed, sure felt good!!. P.S. Hi Felix, thanks for making our stay, so special and wonderful!!

Room Tip: You can choose some upgrades on the internet...do that!!! You can get breakfast cheaper and upgrades...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank pattooty

Thanks for sharing all of your comments about the hotel and service levels you received and glad you had an enjoyable visit. Hope to see you return to the DoubleTree Jersey City again soon. Safe travels......

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Jersey City with his mom (85 years 'young') for her to participate in her University's Commencement ceremony. In addition to the hotel rooms being spacious and well-appointed with coffee, microwave, fridge, etc and the fantastic location, the staff was PHENOMENAL! Felix, Margaret and everyone we talked with made sure every possible accommodation was done to perfection. They made certain we had comfy cars with friendly & knowledgeable drivers, dinner reservations (they made sure we had a beautiful table overlooking the NYC skyline and dessert compliments of the hotel), 'breakfast for dinner' one evening when Mom was worn out and warm cookies. Mom sent an email out to ALL of her friends and family members recapping her experiences and she described it as "one of the most fantastic weeks in my life"! You all are awesome and we will be back!!! And, we look forward to the wifi in the rooms :-) Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

1  Thank JM W
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Happy to hear you had such a fantastic stay here at the DoubleTree Jersey City and the staff took such great care of you. Hope to see you return should your travels take you back our way!