“Just don't ask for directions” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Jersey City
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just don't ask for directions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

I just completed a 2 night stay at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City. I have nothing negative to stay about the property itself. It seems fairly new and it's really clean and comfortable. The original room they gave me was a smoking room. As soon as I walked in I could smell it. I immediately called the front desk and the problem was rectified. We did however have a problem with getting directions and shuttle service from them. One of the added perks of this property is that it's close to the PATH station, which connects Jersey City and Hoboken to NYC. Upon arriving in Jersey City, we called the hotel to ask them to have them send their shuttle to pick us up. Unfortunately for us, there was a wedding going on at the time and the shuttle was out picking/dropping other people off, so we asking if they could call for a cab, which they did. At first, this was great, but then we looked the location up and it turns out the hotel is less than a block from the train station. We would have appreciated it if they told us this information as it's an easy walk that will save you a few bucks on cab fare. The second problem we encountered was Shan we asked for directions on how to get to Liberty Statue Park. Someone told my friend to walk 4 blocks down the street, then make a left. It turned out to be a 10 block walk, then a right, so his directions were waaaay off. We later found out that there is a light rail station right behind the hotel, which would take you right to the park. Initially, we asked the front desk to have their shuttle van drop us off, since the park was supposedly so close. We were told that their shuttle does not run on weekends!!! Granted they are located in a business area, you would think that there are other travelers that come and use this hotel for pleasure that are in need in a ride on the weekends.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I do apologize for the confusion in reference to transportation and directions as you noted above. I have reviewed this with our front office and valet team. I hope you allow us another opportunity to service your travel needs when in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here with 2 other couples over the weekend of the Five Boro Tour which took place on May 1, 2011. Hotel staff was very accommodating. It allowed us to check in very early and to keep our bikes in our rooms so we didn't have to worry about theft from a car bike rack. Convenient to PATH train station which dropped us near Battery Park and the start of the ride (very important with 32,000 cyclists jockeying for position). Our view of the Manhattan skyline was somewhat obscured, very unlike the promo picture on the hotel's website, which was mildly disappointing since we paid extra for it. The hotel is located in a fairly quiet area which appears to have undergone a lot of nicely done rejuvenation recently. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thanks for the great comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!!
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

My family and bestfriend stayed in this hotel from June 6 to 10, 2011 for a short vacation. My kids loved so much our room.. very clean with big comfy beds.. and not to mention the TV channels that they enjoyed so much! We also appreciate the courteous and friendly hotel staff specially the ones in the front desk. We also loved the complimentary cookies that we got upon check-in. Thumbs up for you guys! Very much recommended :)

Stella Flores & Family
Doha, Qatar

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon! Safe travels........
salt lake city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I travel to NY on a monthly basis generally staying at the Hilton Millenium or what was the Embassy Suites. Had a last minute trip and there were no hotels in NYC under $600. Decided to try the DoubleTree and take the Path into Manhatten.

Incredibly helpful staff. I even called the hotel manager to let him know how impressed I was. Great location, 3 minute walk to the Path and for about $1.30, you can be in NYC in 10 mins.

Room was very clean, very good bed, with great pillows. Plenty of room. 2 flat screen tvs in the room. Love the cookies they give you at checkin.

Ate at the restaurant 1 night. Tried the steak. Great service, good food, fair price.

I didn't spend much time in Jersey City, but the area was quiet and safe. No complaints.

Used the gym one night and was pleasently suprised.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you again for taking the time to share and post your comments. It was our pleasure to service your travel needs. Look forward to seeing you again soon..........
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

Nice location, easy to get to Manhattan. Close to a big mall for great shopping and movie theater. Felix was the best desk clerk we have ever met!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thanks for sharing your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you return soon. Safe travels...........
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was my first hotel booking in the NYC area and I will book the Double Tree in the future. Staff was amazing, especially Felix with his amazing suggestions for sights to see in the city. Room was nice and big for the 4 of us. Location near the mall and the supermarket was a great surprise. PATH train only 5 minute walk away!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I am a travel agent, before I begin this review I have to say I booked this hotel thru priceline. No one at the hotel knew , I did not book a discounted rate and I did not get any prefferential treatment from the hotel. I feel safe in saying anyone can expect the same experience when booking this hotel.
Great experience from start to finish! My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights May 5-7 2011. This trip was primarily for leisure . When visiting New York I prefer to stay outside the city but close by. Jersey city is perfect for this because of its proximity to the city and 3 forms of public transportation into Manhattan. (Path train just a few blocks away, ferry down at the harbor and bus just outside the hotel.)
Check in was smooth and quick, the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room very clean. We booked a Jr suite (standard room) very roomy, had a living room area with a fridge, micowave and coffee maker. Roomy bath and the shower had better pressure than my own at home! The Wolfgang puck coffee was most definately better than most hotel supplied coffees, and Crabtree toiletries in the bath ...what a great treat! The bed was very comfy we slept well. We did not eat in the hotel resteraunt as my huband is on a strict diet we opted to bring our oatmeal and such with us and I made it in the mico. The buisness center and fitness center were nice. The concierge was pleasant and helpful he even went so far as to walk out into the parking lot to direct us where to get to the light rail quicker than walking up toward the mall. I should mention the hotel has a shuttle to drop guests off to places within a mile of the hotel, we simply chose to walk since it and the Path are so close (had it been raining or cold outside I definately would have taken advantage of this service). On our final night (a very late one) I requested a late check out ...no problem at all. This hotel is moderately priced, I think a great bang for your buck. I highly recommend this hotel and as a Travel Agent I will recommend this hotel to all of my clients wishing to stay just outside the city. thank you so much Doubletree for a great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allana D
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found th eamenities of the property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.