I just completed a 2 night stay at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City. I have nothing negative to stay about the property itself. It seems fairly new and it's really clean and comfortable. The original room they gave me was a smoking room. As soon as I walked in I could smell it. I immediately called the front desk and the problem was rectified. We did however have a problem with getting directions and shuttle service from them. One of the added perks of this property is that it's close to the PATH station, which connects Jersey City and Hoboken to NYC. Upon arriving in Jersey City, we called the hotel to ask them to have them send their shuttle to pick us up. Unfortunately for us, there was a wedding going on at the time and the shuttle was out picking/dropping other people off, so we asking if they could call for a cab, which they did. At first, this was great, but then we looked the location up and it turns out the hotel is less than a block from the train station. We would have appreciated it if they told us this information as it's an easy walk that will save you a few bucks on cab fare. The second problem we encountered was Shan we asked for directions on how to get to Liberty Statue Park. Someone told my friend to walk 4 blocks down the street, then make a left. It turned out to be a 10 block walk, then a right, so his directions were waaaay off. We later found out that there is a light rail station right behind the hotel, which would take you right to the park. Initially, we asked the front desk to have their shuttle van drop us off, since the park was supposedly so close. We were told that their shuttle does not run on weekends!!! Granted they are located in a business area, you would think that there are other travelers that come and use this hotel for pleasure that are in need in a ride on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City