“Good food, good service”

Brownstone Diner & Pancake
Ranked #1 of 616 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food and lots of it. Large variety of Pancakes. I usually go for breakfast, but there lunch and dinner options are just as good. Get's crowded but the wait isn't bad. I've been there several times and will go back.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Splendid variety and they are yummy!

Wish they had more choices when it came to the syrup but I am unnecessarily comparing I-hop. My bad!

Well worth the money.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Brownstone has great pancakes and brunch food. If you're hungry, just the country pancake wrap: bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, and cheese all rolled up in one beautiful fluffy pancake!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The family -- three nephews and one niece -- was in town so I we went to Brownstone, especially since I had never been and I had heard about the pancakes. It was perfect for my relatively big family dining outing and the pancakes were good (everyone enjoyed their meal), but the family dining style is simply not my personal style at all. So, my rating is more like 4 starts for our meals but 2 stars for atmosphere, hence 3 star average. If family style is cool with you, go!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Jersey City for an Anniversary Visit to NYC. After checking out of our hotel, we stopped in Brownstone Diner for a quick breakfast before we got on the road home. The place was packed and there were a lot of people waiting to get in but surprisingly the line moved quickly. Their menu had over a page of pancakes, of all kinds and flavors. I do not usually order pancakes but I felt I needed to because that seemed to be their specialty. I am so happy that I did order the Coconut Pancakes, they were the best! Not only were the huge in diameter but the were thick and fluffy -- not dry at all which is what made them so good.
We were so glad we came upon this little diner but disappointed we do not live closer. I would love to try some of the other flavors. I do know that when we get back to Jersey City, we will definitely make a stop here!