“For the price it is good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   459 Tonnelle Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07307 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn Jersey City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
“For the price it is good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

First off, I've stayed at other hotels in this area and for this price, this hotel is the best. I found the staff friendly and helpful with everything I needed. I stay here 4-5 times a year with my wife and family. We walk up the hill and take the bus into the city. Spend all day in the city and come back to hotel and sleep. That's all we do there so it serves our purpose. If your looking for something fancy, look elsewhere. But if a clean bed and a hot shower is all you need. This is the place. Also right beside a Dunkin doughnuts.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
8 Thank Butch9101

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night after sight seeing in NYC. Rooms are small and have a potent odor and are def outdated! Upon leaving my husband and I thought that one another did the infamous last sweep of the room. I left behind a pair of nice earrings, which I took off cause the bed and pillow were so hard it was hurting, and when I noticed I called immediately. But of course they said they found no earrings. They wouldn't even amuse me with pulling out the bedside table and checking. So pretty sure a cleaning person there has sticky fingers. Also the lady in which I spoke with hung up on me before I could finish my sentence. Never ever again will I stay there or a red carpet inn!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TSS5446

Travelers are raving about these Jersey City hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This dump should not even get a quarter star, got the the hotel asked the hotel clerk to see the room before getting a room, he said sure no problem, swipe my credit card and took copy of my Driver License, he said he was busy handed me the swipe card I took a look and didn't like it , it smelled of cigarettes, the TV was from the 50's and was bolted down, I saw and Ironing board and was amazed that it was bolted down also., the straw that broke the camel back was the roach on the pillow, I got my stuff and when down to the clerk and he refused to credit my credit card and give me back my ID, he told me that it doesnt matter he will charge my CC,

I told him we will se about that,

Stay here at you own risk,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Rayfeur
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

If your looking for an hotel to go to NYC, it is not a good choice because its ok to get to NYC by bus but still have to walk at least 10-15 just to get to the bus station and at night its like 50$ in taxi from down town so I would recommed that you paid that 50$ extra and get a hotel in NYC. Whats good about it is the parking is included so if you get something in NYC make sure to check if there is parking and if so, how much, because it can get expensive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jackson, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Close to both the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels, although toll is $12 to get to Manhattan. On a busy road but we had a second floor room at the back and it was quiet. Room was dated but clean. Beds were firm and comfortable. Had a micro/fridge and hairdryer that came in handy. Shower worked great. No tissue though so bring your own. Continental breakfast was kind of a joke. The breakfast area consists of 2 tables in the lobby. There were 2 kinds of cereal, muffins and packaged pastries, Tang juice, milk, a water dispenser and a coffee machine. Nothing hot and nothing fancy but clean. Parking was free and ample. We would stay again if we were going back to NYC. Good value for theprice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank littletomato19
chennai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have booked hotel for our senior person near by his co worker place. After I came to know that is worst place to stay, Rooms are stinks. While making booking over phone the staffs are rude. If we look cheapest options than quality of room other facility like pillow,bathroom are very poor. Touristor / Business advisor are try to avoid Red carpet Inn.

Room Tip: Book Esa even if it is far away,That is idle way.Only thing transportation charges need to bear.