“SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWs”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Reading the positive reviews now, I realize they are over a year old. Amazing, since this place was the WORST stay this year with over 50 nights of stays. Needed a place in Sold Out New York, and I should have just worked all night and not stayed! That Bad! Stained sheets, stained chairs, noisy floors above and below, thin walls, hair from prior guests. The walls were so thin I WISHED I had a noisy air conditioner. Sure close, but not that cheap. I would have had a better sleep at someones office floor! If you choose to stay here, good luck. Maybe try the YMCA.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have to stay there for two nights and horrible lady on the front desk get mad without any reason during check in and that lady name Amy called 8 am in the morning and talked lot of **** and say you have to leave today at 11am.i have to stay or leave she don't need to remind us that we have to leave.i would rate it in negative if i can.never ever go back there and not recommended to any one.location is also so so and very weird and horrible experience.room was on ground floor.they don't even care when we complain about lady on front desk.manager was not ready to listen to anything.

Room Tip: "rooms on the south side are better"
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Our room was on the second floor just above the office. The outdoor hallway smelled strongly of urine. Inside the room the first thing we did was look for bugs. None. The room was small but adequate and clean. Our toilet ran, so we simply removed the lid off the back of the toilet and put it on the floor. The ball was too big for the toilet tank, so we just had to pull it back up when the bowl was full. My husband, who normally sleeps in the nude, kept his boxers on as the neighbourhood is a little sketchy; he was concerned about someone coming through the window in the night. Didn't happen. The breakfast is fine; cold cereal, bagels, toast, and the coffee is good enough. There is a Portugese restaurant called The Ringside just next door, food is excellent. Not the friendliest place, but we didn't go there to make friends. There is also a burger joint kitty corner to the hotel that is open 24 hours..very handy when coming home late from Manhatten. Transportation to Manhatten or Newark is simple; walk uphill 2 or 3 blocks and hop on the bus. When we go back, we wouldn't likely stay here again, but $70 and a 20 minute bus ride is much more appealing to us than a $170 hotel room in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Front smelled like urine. Find one at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is located in an industrial location. Not really a bad area, just not convenient to anything. It was reasonably clean and the staff were ok. I just think that for the price you should expect more but I guess this part of the country commands high prices.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank aprilS72
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had read awful reviews about this hotel and expected the worst. It turned out to be pretty decent compared to the price, and you can trust me on this as I am a person who is easily disgusted and wouldn't sleep just anywhere. It was pretty clean for the most part.
The bus stop leading to new york is not only a 5 minutes walk as everyone mentioned previously. It is not far by distance, but it is on top of a hill. so you need to walk up a very steep hill every morning to get to the bus station.

Breakfast was not too great. Muffins and cereal and some other pastries, which were kind of stale. I did not eat from them unless I was desperate.
The area is industrial but seems safe enough, I was comfortable walking to the hotel from the bus stop alone late at night.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rihamb
Reviewed February 4, 2011

It was the worst hotel I stayed in my life. I traveled many countries in the world and stayed in many hotels. But this was pathetic.
Staff was very unfriendly, Dirty rooms and their rate keep changing day by day.
Very dirty rooms, too much noise, unfriendly staff, Cheap quality products in Washroom ,
Pathetic area.

I will never recommedn this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Naveen k
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We came up from Baltimore for the weekend and decided to stay here Friday night to be closer to NYC. Since we were only going to sleep here for a few hours, economy was key. Saved $130 as compared to downtown NYC. Parking is mostly gated and inside the hotel courtyard. We checked in at 11:45pm without a hitch. Desk staff was indifferently efficient - got to our room in about 5 minutes. Room was dated, but clean. Mini-fridge, iron, hairdryer, tube tv, heater - all worked. Sheets & pillows were soft, bed was very firm, and wrapped in anti-bedbug liner. Bathroom was clean and water pressure awesome. Tub was slow to drain and ironing board collapsed. Room was quiet and dark, with heavy curtains - slept peacefully. Neighborhood was sketchy and low-end residential/industrial. Only a bar and a Dunkin Donuts nearby. Easy access to Lincoln & Holland tunnels. A great, cheap temporary rest-stop on your way into NYC.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple