“Good drinks”
Review of Iron Monkey

Iron Monkey
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 597 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Good drinks”
Reviewed September 22, 2007

I came here with a few business associates after work a few months ago. I didn't see much of the downstairs area, but the upstairs was nice with a bohemian feel to it. The amaretto sours were pretty good, as were the appetizers. The Iron Monkey seems to be popular with the local business crowd.

Jersey City, NJ
“Good for a drink...not for a meal”
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This is a great place to grab a drink and some snacks with a business acquaintence, or to go grab a beer with a couple of buddies, but for an actual meal in JC you can do much better. The pizza, which is their best dish, is served on the cooler side, and their best dish is their quesadillas...still not GREAT. I would advise grabbing a drink here on your way to one of the professionally staffed restaurants up in Paulus Hook or the Grove St. area. Great bartendresses, and decent snacks, but certainly not a dinner destination. I can't repeat enough, though: it is worth the trip just for the friendly barmaids, and reasonably priced drinks.

Beverly Hills, California
“I love the Iron Monkey”
Reviewed May 29, 2007

I love the Monkey. I moved to jersey city in March and have been going quite regularily since. The staff is excellent and friendly. The food is wonderful (skip theturkey burger though- trust me) and the roof deck is a happy little place to go after work.
as I said, I love the Monkey