“Great Italian Food with Entertainment”
Review of Casa Dante - CLOSED

Casa Dante
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kennedy Boulevard
Transit: 3 short blocks from the PATH Station at Journal Square. Convenient to local bus lines as well as all major highways. Beat the rush into Manhattan and stop at Casa Dante!
Description: Known for fine food, excellent service, great ambiance and a history of exceptional quality since 1971. Weekend live entertainment rounds out a diners experience at this Jersey City Landmark restaurant. Jazz Fridays with Happy Hour and Saturday night live standards & pop entertainment. A favorite of foodies, celebrities, sports figures, politicians and many loyal customers in the N.Y., N.J. metro area. Large banquet room and lounge area available for parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, on-premise valet parking. Casa Dante, awarded 3 1/2 ( of 4) Stars by the NJ Star Ledger, 2013 Wine Spectator Award, Open Table Diners Choice Award 2013 Best Italian, Best Food, Best Overall. Trip Advisors Certificate of Excellence for 2013 Best Italian Restaurant by AOL & Top 10 Best Italian in NYC, yes, NYC, by Citysearch Live Entertainment Weekends. Valet Parking on Premises, full Bar and Wine service. Parties of 10 to 140 Executive Chef Gregg Freda.
New York City, New York
“Great Italian Food with Entertainment”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My grandfather lived in Jersey City and would frequent Casa Dante and take the family out for a special dinner here. 10 years later when I moved from Manhattan to downtown Jersey City I knew I had to make it to Casa Dante. I wasn't disappointed. The food was delicious, the wine list was great, and the service was on point. There was even live entertainment and dancing. It was such an enjoyable night out and I will be going back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank hugonyc

Sunnyvale, California
“Family New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We reserve in this place for New Year eve for my entire family, 16 of us. When we got there we realize we were not seating together instead on separate tables, yes, across to each other but we were all separate. We asked why couldn't they join the tables together but we did not really get a valid answer. The service was horrible, everything was slow and I even had to asked for menu at least 5 times. My mother and sister and her family had to seat in a separate table and the same for my brothers. The food was good but not a lot of choice that night, i guess because they were having a bigger party. we were all very disappointed and they even included the tip which was a little too high considering the horrible service we got. We will never organize any family even at at this place

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank funtaina25
Boise
“A restaurant that tourists haven't found (but need to)”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I try to go to Casa Dante every time we're back in the New York area. Great Italian food (especially the filet of sole) and ambience. Looks like a dump on the outside, but it's wonderful inside - waiters dressed in tuxes. Even for a tourist it's not that hard to find. Take the tube (PATH for you younger folks) from 33rd st. on the west side of NYC and get off at the Journal Square station in Jersey City (less that half an hour). It's about a four or five block walk in a decent part of JC from Journal Square to Newark Ave, where Casa Dante is located. At lunch time it's a lawyer's hangout, since the county courthouse is only a short distance away. After your meal, stop at St. John's R.C. Church nearby to ask forgiveness for eating too much and to marvel at the beautiful tile work in the church.

• Visited May 2013
Essex Fells, New Jersey
“A Classic”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Casa Dante is a classic Italian restaurant tucked away on a bustling Jersey City thoroughfare. It is an attractive restaurant that is indicative of classic, more upscale Italian restaurants that are getting harder and harder to find. The food is very well prepared and served with near formal service. The usual Italian, Italian-American dishes can be found throughout the menu. A clams oreganata appetizer was very good, sopping up the sauce with bread was a pleasure. My veal Casa Dante was a traditional veal cutlet Milanese, so tender that it could be cut with a fork. My companion's veal Marsala was a perfect rendition of the dish. Prices are in line with the quality and atmosphere of the restaurant. If you want Old World Italian at a higher level, Casa Dante is a great choice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WCiardiello
Denver, Colorado
“Not a chain Italian restaurant...Thank Goodness!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

All the other favorable reviews are quite descriptive. What I most enjoyed: Old time waiters that didn't say "you guys" dozens of times; old time waiters that wore coat and ties and conversed with each other in Italian; waiters that that gave you plenty of time to enjoy your meal.
I am gluten free and was pleased to find they had gluten free pasta. The food was delicious in an old-time environment. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013