“A wonderful step back in time.”
Review of Casa Dante - CLOSED

Casa Dante
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kennedy Boulevard
Transit: 3 short blocks from the PATH Station at Journal Square. Convenient to local bus lines as well as all major highways. Beat the rush into Manhattan and stop at Casa Dante!
Description: Known for fine food, excellent service, great ambiance and a history of exceptional quality since 1971. Weekend live entertainment rounds out a diners experience at this Jersey City Landmark restaurant. Jazz Fridays with Happy Hour and Saturday night live standards & pop entertainment. A favorite of foodies, celebrities, sports figures, politicians and many loyal customers in the N.Y., N.J. metro area. Large banquet room and lounge area available for parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, on-premise valet parking. Casa Dante, awarded 3 1/2 ( of 4) Stars by the NJ Star Ledger, 2013 Wine Spectator Award, Open Table Diners Choice Award 2013 Best Italian, Best Food, Best Overall. Trip Advisors Certificate of Excellence for 2013 Best Italian Restaurant by AOL & Top 10 Best Italian in NYC, yes, NYC, by Citysearch Live Entertainment Weekends. Valet Parking on Premises, full Bar and Wine service. Parties of 10 to 140 Executive Chef Gregg Freda.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

As a New Yorker I have often heard of Casa Dante in Jersey City as being one of the top "Old Fashioned" Italian restaurants in the east. My family and I ate at Casa Dante yesterday and everything was close to perfect. The setting is like a goodfellas set with ornate trappings and banqets. The tuxedo'd staff is professional and attentive and seems to be long term. The food is traditional and delicious. New twists on old standards that we Italian Americans have grown used to. I had a Scungilli Fra Diavolo which melted in my mouth. My wife and sister had eggplant and a terrific trippa dish (not on the menu but they made it for us). My entree, Rigatoni in a sausage sauce with ricotta featured sausage meatballs which you must try.Even the cheesecake was old fashioned ricotta cheesecake. The wine list is extensive(and expensive) and Casa Dante has entertainment on many nights. Valet parking is a plus in this busy area of Jersey City.

Date of visit: February 2013
6  Thank Peter S

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at this slightly old-fashioned Italian restaurant with very professional, pleasant waiters. Beautiful food - it was our first evening in the States and one of the best meals we had in three weeks!

Date of visit: December 2012
6  Thank josephine m
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had the good fortune to have lunch there this week with a good friend... The good friend had been a frequent patron of Casa Dante -- years ago... You'd have never known it when we walked in... The maitre de greeted him by name... The waiter -- greeted him by name... It's hard to beat that customer service...

The food was classic Italian... like a step back in time... all the food was very tasty and obviously prepared to order... great risotto... pasta fagoli delicious...

I very much enjoyed this meal... And will return as soon as I can...

I did notice a pesky gnat another reviewer mentioned... but only one and not a big deal...

Date of visit: January 2013
6  Thank Wiggleglass
CasaDante_JC, Owner at Casa Dante, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanks for your kind words on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you again. If anything regarding our food or service ever changes or does not meet your ( and our) standards, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Again, thank you for your patronage!

Dom Marino
Casa Dante
dmarino@casadante.com
Jersey City, New Jersey
201-795-2750

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a wonderful place to spend a Saturday evening. There is always live entertainment. The Service is excellent. The Food is very good! I usually have Veal Chop broiled plain, and pasta
with butter. To make those dishes taste excellent, they must be fresh and of an high quality.! I have never had anything but an enjoyable time here. The entertainment is always excellent. There is a nice Dance floor. The Ambiance is very nice! The Staff is friendly, helpful and attentive! Casa Dante is a pleasant traditional setting!
If you would like to have a Party, or just enjoy a wonderful meal anytime, this is the place!
I usually visit Casa Dante whenever I want to be sure I will have a wonderful evening!
Stephen G.
Nutley NJ

Date of visit: January 2013
6  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place was an experience to remember. The place was infested with fruit flys, nats or whatever you want to call them. They were all over the walls and ceiling. Customers asked to have their table moved to avoild them to no avail.
The food was also sub-par. Nothing seems edible. The bug situation didn't help matters. I will never go there again unless I have the absolute assurrances that the negative situations have been talken care of.

Date of visit: November 2012
CasaDante_JC, Manager at Casa Dante, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thanks for returning after your review. It seems that the city had issues after Hurricane Sandy. We were subjected to the after effects of water levels and cleanup in the downtown area. All is back to normal now and were glad you came back to enjoy a dinner. Thanks again!