“The Best.”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
New York
“The Best.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Who It's For: Locals who live for falafel, tired businesspeople who don't want to cook, tourists looking to grab a quick, easy bite before heading into the city.
What You'll Find: The best Lebanese food in the neighborhood. Ibby's is incredibly popular--locals put up signs pleading "Come back soon!" when the store closed for renovations--so everything is very, very fresh.
What To Get: If dining alone in this very small store (max seating about 10, outdoor seating in summer months only), get two falafels. If having a nice inexpen$ive date or bringing food home, share a veggie platter, which gives you enough for two well-stuffed falafel sandwiches as well as plenty of hummus and babaganoush. If you're with the guys on the way to the movies, drinks, or bowling, share the veggie platter, the shawarma platter, and some sides.
Etc.: New York area rule: Eat where the cabdrivers eat. This place is no exception. Lunch is a total bargain--tourists staying in the area, take note! No need to pay for an expen$ive lunch in Manhattan when you can have a superfine falafel here on your way to Ground Zero. Service is super-fast, food is filling and delicious. I heart Ibby's major, as does everyone in JC.

• Visited September 2012

Weehawken, New Jersey
“I enjoyed my meal, a good location, service is average”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My friend's have taken me here twice after a night out om Jersey City, and they claim that it is one of the better place to get Middle Eastern food in the area. I am not an expert in Middle Eastern food, but I did enjoy my meal.

Pros:
1. The food was very good. I got the shawarma both time and the special hot tea. I got dessert too, and that was also tasty.
2. The location is convenient if you are coming from the Grove Street Path station or a quick ride from Zeppelin Hall.

Neutral:
1. I cannot call the service a con, but it is not a pro either. It is just average service that should be provided. They were helpful when I asked what something was, but other than that, it was too be expected.

Other:
1. Don't let your friends convince you that the hot sauce is only mild. My friend did, I put a lot on my food the first time, and it was hot. I am a fan of very spicy sauces, and this one made me sweat. I am just giving a heads up. Try it, but try a small amount first.

• Visited April 2012
Freehold, New Jersey, USA
“Great authentic Middle Eastern cuisine”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I actually go to the location in Freehold on a regular basis. My whole family loves the Lamb Shawarma, and we often get the lamb combo sandwich. The food is always fresh and tasty, and we always leave feeling satisfied. The service is excellent and the people are always friendly. My only regret is that they only take cash (I like to charge everything), so I have to remember to bring cash with me (although they do have an ATM machine near the front door in case you don't bring enough).

• Visited March 2012
Jersey City, NJ
“Was better before”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Once this place was redone it has gone down hill. I guess since it was closed for so long they had to make up the revenue because prices went up a lot. Service always and still is the worst too. Nasty is the norm here.

Visited February 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
“excellent food”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

delecious falafel babaganush tabouli salad and hummus

Visited August 2011