“Excellent wood fire pizza”

Razza Pizza Artigianale
Ranked #13 of 594 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Excellent wood fire pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Tried Razza with a few friends after seeing some good reviews. The food and atmosphere are both excellent. Its tough to explain an excellent review of food when the first thing I want to recommend is the bread & butter. But there it is... We also had the kale caesar salad and the ceci bean appetizer. Both were excellent as well. and let me not forget the meatball appetizer, that was great too. We tried three different pizzas and just like the rest of the food....excellent. If you're in Jersey City and want some great food, try to get into Razza. (no reservations accepted)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank payitfwd123

Los Angeles
“Good, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Well, I ventured out from my hotel and had strongly considered taking the train into Manhattan, but how often was I going to be in Jersey City? Walked through some sketchy places to get here. Really great food, but pretty pricey! One beer, a great fire-grilled cauliflower appetizer and a very good pizza with tip set me back close to $50. And it says no substitutions on the pizza

• Visited November 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Sorry we didn't try it before now!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We've walked by Razza probably 100 times in the last year and always say "we really need to try this place." Finally did that last night - and wow, what a find! These guys are serious about the farm-to-table concept, everything - the butter - is made by the restaurant using ingredients from regional suppliers. I'm not generally a fan of meatballs - but theirs are not like anything I've ever had. Think that maybe some of the (delish) homemade bread may have been in the sauce, as well as a touch of melty parm. Just fabulous. Kale Caesar good, though I prefer kale to be more finely chopped. The pizza was the star, the woodburning oven is the best - blistered crispy crust, homemade mozz - who cares what else is on it. Though we had the mushroom one & it was fab. Definitely going to make Razza a regular member of our JC dining scene!

• Visited November 2013
new jersey
“Very good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Razza for dinner. We tried the meatballs which was very good. The maipai pizza was delicious as well.Well surely go back and try other things on the menu. Check the restaurant hours before you go.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank amitra1
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Delicious Food but Immature Waitstaff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I met my two girlfriends for dinner on a Monday night. They don't take reservations and we had no trouble getting a table at 8pm. We each liked our wine/beer and the price was reasonable. The appetizers that we ordered were outstanding- both the homemade straciatella and ricotta we loved and the salad special with Jersey plums & peaches was different and fresh. We were loving everything. Then, the awkward waiter without asking cleared the cheese we loved that we weren't finished with. None of us said anything because we were in disbelief. (No, there wasn't a ton left but being that it was $12 and we loved it, we would of liked to finish it). The pizzas were very good- not exquisite but very good- we liked the corn pizza because it was unique. While my friend was still enjoying her meal, the check gets plopped down on the table and we are told "no rush". Well if there is no rush perhaps you should wait to give the check until we are done eating our $19 pizzas???

Razza should make (quick) adjustments so the service matches their caliber of food.

• Visited August 2013