“Best Japanese in the tri state area”
Review of Komegashi Too

Komegashi Too
Ranked #22 of 610 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 2000, Komegashi too has specialized in contemporary Japanese cuisine, serving both traditional and innovative dishes in a sophisticated, comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy fresh, seasonal items for lunch, dinner, and brunch seven days a week in our waterfront dining room.If you're in the Exchange Place area, check out our sister location, the original Komegashi, located at 103 Montgomery Street.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Komegashi in my opinion is one of the best Japanese restaurants in the tri state area. I have been thousands of times in the past 7 years and it has never let me down.
Starters are great and they have the best teriyaki chicken and beef.
Sushi is fantastic.
There is a great view of manhattan.

Komegashi2, Manager at Komegashi Too, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Hi Filcav,

Just wanted to thank you very much for your recent Komegashi too review! I'm so glad to hear you're a pleased repeat customer, and very much appreciate you taking the time to share your great feedback on TripAdvisor!

Hope we'll have you back many times in the near future.

Kindly,
Lisa Vitale
Restaurant Manager
Komegashi too

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The Komegashi I'm reviewing is Komegashi Too right across from the Newport Center PATH Station. The place is 1 bad thing away from being perfect...annoying, pain in the butt fruit flies. Everything was the best - the service, the simple presentation, the FOOD, but the annoying bugs flying while my friend and I, tried to enjoy. Our waitress was quick, attentive, and made sure I knew what to expect with each dish. Hopefully my pictures will put into words what I can't. I would go back for another round.

Hi there,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent review of Komegashi too! I'm SO pleased to hear you enjoyed both the food and service and very much appreciate your feedback.

You are right regarding the fruit flies. I know they can be pesky and annoying while you're trying to enjoy a delicious night out. Please note that fruit flies generally abound in most dining establishments during the last weeks of summer/intro to fall. Although we have weekly pest control prevention, those little bugs are very much drawn to restaurants during this time. We have increased our attention to the matter and this, along with the cooler season approaching, has drastically helped improve the issue.

I do hope you'll visit us again soon and try many more of our menu items. Thanks for being a fan of Komegashi too!

Again, your comments are appreciated!

Kindly,
Lisa Vitale
Restaurant Manager
Komegashi too

Reviewed May 19, 2012

It was our first time in a Japanese restaurant and everybody was very kind and helpful.
The waiter was the best, explaining and recommending their specialties, in a very quiet and relaxing way.
The food was great but I have to mention that the view was oustanding, as Manhattan is across the Hudson river.
I would recommend this restaurant to people who want to enjoy a nice place, a quiet environment and a breathtaking view.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

This place really stands out among the disappointing selection in the Newport neighborhood.

Excellent sushi - but, again, you get what you pay for.

Nice full bar to hang out and socialize, either pre-meal, or as a "main event." They don't hold back pouring your scotch, which I always appreciate.

Some tables have a nice view of the Downtown Manhattan.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

my girlfriend and I went for her birthday. My girlfriend ordered the Lobster rolls and they were one of the best things we ate in NY/Jersey!!! Amazingly delicious

The other food we ordered was very good as well and were very good portion sizes. A great value