“Great Puerto Rican”

ME Casa
Ranked #78 of 601 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: So good! I live across the street from this place and was hungry so I decided to check it out with my boyfriend. The place that was there before was not good at all. It is a new restaurant with new owners. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The appetizers Empanadas and trio of Monfongos are freaking to die for. I am not of Puerto Rican decent but I have seen the light of what I have been missing. The Entrees were equally as tasty, my boyfriend had the pork and I had the chicken with Aji Verde sauce. So yummy , the owner calls this his money sauce, which could not be any further from the truth. I know online their menu was like family style but that is a typo they serve single entrees. I was a chef for over ten years before I got into food sales. I know my food! This place is a diamond in the rough excellent.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great Puerto Rican”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love this place. It is small and intimate, the service is great, and the food is amazing. This place is kind of hidden but I am very glad I found it.

Visited October 2013

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Fantastic hidden gem off Columbus in JC. Eddie & Maria are awesome, as is the food. Best part? BYO! Stop on the way. Portions are great- allow for plenty of lunch the next day too.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Best Puerto Rican (and Latino) food in JC!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bypass the conveniently located latino restaurants on Grove street, and walk the extra blocks to Me Casa. You won't regret it. Don't forget it's BYOB (nice!).

Visited July 2013
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent, authentic Borricua cuisine”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I loed everything about this restaurant except, perhaps, the size. My boyfriend and I went to have an intimate date night and there was a large and very loud group of people in the restaurant. We barely heard each other speak. The food was amazing. The service was phenomenal.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anita C
Italy
“Huge Servings and Great Taste!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited the Me Casa while in Jersey city, and I found the food superb! Tried the pigeon peas with yellow rice and the Pappas Rellena, both of which were very tasty. One thing to note is, the serving sizes are absolutely huge here. One dish might be enough for two people, if you're light eaters.

• Visited April 2013